2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Good, Solid Car
By Ryan111 on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Never have had any problems with this vehicle. Runs great and fun to drive

Fun Vehicle
By Marker on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Great Vehicle! I have the fully sissified version. AC, CD, add-a-trunk, and auto trans. I never thought I'd buy the auto-trans but after I drove it around Washington, DC once I had to have it. Parking is very easy. I like being able to go anywhere I want. I may have to sell. The jeep isn't too confortable for my wife, my son (4 months) and I.

Great car, period.
By jamurr on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 2000 Wrangler Sport, and since my wife is now pregnant, it has to go. I absolutely love this car -- I had a 1989 Wrangler before this, and believe me, the improvements are too numerous to list. I had some worries about the build quality, especially after hearing everything about the Grand Cherokee, but have had nothing in almost a year and a half. The car is incredibly fun to drive, and the engine is more than capable. I haven't done any off- roading, but I bet it would handle anything like a champ. I would highly recommend this to anyone (without young kids!!!).

awesome vehicle
By manollo3 on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

After many years I finally bought me the 4.0L, straight 6 cylinder about 2 month ago as a first car. After having sports cars and sedans all the time it was time to have some fun as long as there is no family. Guess I will keep this vehicle as long as possible as it is so much fun and no comparison to our SUV's. Even on long distances (Dallas- Miami) it is a lot of fun and the seat are very supportive.

Best all-around
By Jody the Jeep Dude on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Jeep, and by far, the most fun. A 4x4 convertible with plenty of clearance, power and a full roll cage. Where else can you get all of this. My Sahara definitely is the best of all worlds. It covers all bases. I average 25000 miles a year, and this vehicle makes driving to work less dreadful. The hardtop in the winter is a definite plus. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a class, but loves to get dirty.

Gotta love it!
By zabes on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This car is just fantastic, first car I haven't traded in after 2 years! There are soo many fun things to add to them too, bumpers, grille guards, lightbars, etc. It doesn't get that cold in the winter, vinyl doesn't get as cold as metal and in the summer its fun, A/C isn't a bad option though on the humid days or with rain. Overall it's a great car to drive!

Very Pleased
By SigEp on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had the Jeep for two years with no problems. The 4WD is extremley easy to operate and very functional. The soft top is easy to operate after a little practice. The hard top is difficult to store and you need to make sure you have the required space. This is a great vehicle for a good price. I don't reccomend purchasing the Sahara unless you really want the upgraded body features. Overall, I will drive this Jeep until it dies and then buy another.

Nothing like a jeep
By Stewey on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep about six months ago and love it. A lot of fun to drive with the top off. The four cylinder is fine for around town but too slow for the interstate. My next jeep will have a six cylinder. Has been dependable and good on gas.

The Lego car
By cbb on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This car is great, if you are willing to sacrifice comfort for an extremely fun car. It's a bumpy ride (but much better than the older models) that doesn't handle well at high speeds (75+MPH). I switch my hard doors for cloths ones and have switched the full top for a half top for the summer. There is very little you can't do with this car. It would make a great second car however it's my only one and works fine for me.

Heartbroke
By Flygirl on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I am a 5'4" mom-to-be and I have to get rid of my Jeep. I will surely miss the way the seat hugs me while I'm driving, as well as the security of how high I sit up in it. I will also miss how easy I can back up out of parking spots, and being able to turn on a dime. I definately see another Jeep in my future.