2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Big fat lemon
By tremeregirl on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This was my dream vehicle, emphasis on WAS. I've had 3 new transmissions, 2 new throw out bearings, a new starter, new clutch, and a new rear differential in under 3 years. I have babied the hell out of this vehicle and have still had all of these issues. I've put in formal complaints with the dealship as well as with Chrystler to no avail. I can't wait to get rid of this thing! It has spent more time in the shop than on or off the road. NEVER AGAIN.

2000 Jeep Wrangler
By whikngt on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep. There is no where it cannot go. Keeping gas in it is awful however. I am lucky to get 18 mpg driving highway conservatively. I knew when I bought it that the wind noise was going to be there and I accepted it as such.

jeeps are fun but noisy
By fatman on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

the jeep is fun to drive, stock models can go almost anywhere and there are many aftermarket items that allow you to make your Jeep look and perform just the way you want it to.

jeeps rule
By brandt on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

the newest jeep wrangler is jeep no matter which way you look at it. the only difference is the coil suspension system, and the upgraded interior. in my own oppinion the upgraded interior has to go. i have a 1976 cj7 and a 1981 cj8 scrambler and they have no interior whatsoever. its just to pretty inside and way to much plastic. a jeep is supposed to be a rugged offroad machine not a pretty city driven vehicle so keep it true to its heritage and take the plastic out of the interior

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH FUN IT IS!
By rhicks on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep thinking that the purchase may be a passing fancy. It has since become a passion. I love the vehicle. It is great in all weather (I have both tops). But you may need to have a garage if you want to get the most out of it. Leaving the top down in the summer is the only way to go. To do that you need a garage. Simple. I have not had any problems with the jeep at all. You must rotate the tires every other oil change if you get the 30 inch wheel package. Other wise, you will get radial striping on the tread wear which increases road noise.

Fun in the Sun
By ralph Johnson on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Where else can you get a car that is 4 wheel drive a convertable is dependable extreemly well built and designed? Wrangler is the only one--it's the real deal with the 6 cylinder it is surprising zippy in traffic and has plenty of power in the snow or to climb the occasional hill.

Plastic lock boxes
By Marko1974 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

42,000 miles and only change the oil. Everything is solid except....silly me, thinking that the OEM plastic glove box and console locks would keep a third grader out. Some homeless guy ripped them both open in a few seconds. I installed Tuffy steal boxes in their place and they held with only some slight bending to the console lock after another attempted breakin.

Fun in the summer..............
By DAKOTA on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This jepp was bought almost a year ago. Immediately got rid of the woosie tires...then the transmission fell apart.After 6 visits to the dealer they put a new drop in and it now works perfect. Gas mileage is poor, yeah thats a good word for it..Have had fun driving in the summer but the winter its a little scary in the snow.

Happy owner
By JLC on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very happy with vehicle.Wish it got better mileage w/4.0 liter /auto trans. Only problems in 30000 mile warranty period were; Black paint on exterior parts of alum-alloy (mirrors,door handles and rear tailgate window hinges all peeled.All replaced with no hassle by dealer!Also, with my size 14 shoes I frequently hit both gas and brake pedal when stopping! Very scary!

Easy Rollover
By sportylady1179 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I was just in an accident in my Jeep. I was hit on the driver's side, right at the rear tire. The man who hit me was going approx. 25 miles per hour. Instead of being a regular collision accident, my Jeep rolled onto its passenger side. $14,000 dollars in damage later...it has been totalled! I will not be purchasing another Jeep automobile. I will be opting for a car with better gas mileage and a lower center of gravity!