Used 2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I've got my dream
By Cortland Marix

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

All my life I've dreamed of owning a Jeep Wrangler. Now that I have one I'll never let it go. Its go-anywhere capability is an understatement. I installed a MileMarker winch on it and was actually able to pull out a 12,000 lb. dump truck with a full load! The gas mileage is a small sacrifice for the fun and freedom of this vehicle.

Ease of modification, open air driving, torque!

Waterproof electrical system.

In love with my Jeep...
By dinoj

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

For years, I've wanted a convertible, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money for a rear-wheel drive Mustang. Then this summer I saw a friend in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down, and owned one myself within the week. It is the most fun vehicle my husband and I have ever owned. Another friend says I'm in mid-life crisis, but if this is the case, then BRING IT ON!!!

LOVE the convertible top. The vehicle looks cool. :) Tight turning radius, can park where no one else fits, and is a dream in the snow with 4WD. Nice, toasty heater with soft top. Great gas mileage with 4-cylinder.

None-awesome vehicle!

Jeep Wrangler
By waltmac71

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have used my Jeep for around town and out of town trips for over 3 years with never a problem. The only drawback is the noisey drive....but it makes up for it in how enjoyable it is to drive.

removable top

better lock on glovebox

I love my yella Jeep!
By troilus1

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Every few months, my wife begs me to get rid of my Jeep. "It's bumpy," she says. "I can't hear myself think." "I can barely climb into it." "My feet don't touch the ground." (she's 5 feet tall) But I run my hand along the hood, and I shake my head. I'll drive this baby into the ground. It handles like a dream, and has the tightest turn-radius of anything I've ever driven. I love being able to crawl anywhere I need to go, and still get 20mpg on the freeway. With the top down, this is, for any North Dakota boy who's made his way to Cali, *the* dream car. I've found it extremely dependable (I put 20k a year on it), easy to tinker with, and no end of fun.

Convertible top 4WD Speaker-bar (extra) Full doors (extra -- don't get the half-doors)

If I had one complaint, it would be about power. I've got the 2.5liter 4-cyl SE model with standard transmission. Going up steep hills with the air conditioning on at highway speeds taxes the engine mightily.

Its A Jeep Thing
By Jeepin1

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Number 2. This is my second one and after i sold the first one i couldn't wait to buy number two. I had and SE first now a sahara. Its great never a problem yet. I miss my hardtop on number one though. Definately Reccomend that.

FUN TO DRIVE