2000 Jeep Wrangler
By Rob on
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
I bought the Jeep used from a dealer to replace my old beater. Driven all over the east coast, summer and winter. Highway speeds here in Florida can get into the 80's around Palm Beach and that is a little tough to maintain with the top down. Driven all over the Ocala National Forest, stuck mostly to the marked roads. We made one trip on a Sunday after it rained for two days, I was amazed at all the others that were out driving around in the mud, a few roads were washed out and under water, but not impassible even with the stock tires, a little nervous a few times but didn't stick it. Been to the Keys a few times, don't think I'll drive that again in the summer with the top down.
Favorite Features
Like the style, decent power, wish it had a 4:1 transfer case. I like the visibility and would use it as a daily driver if it got just a few more miles to the gallon. I really wish I could take the kids and dog at the same time. It will hold two car seats in the back, hard to get to with the top up.
Suggested Improvements
Offer a diesel with the hard top. even with the soft top, It would be worth it. Rock crawlers would use it and like it. Find a good transmission. One that is easy to shift without continuous maintenance; spend the money on the UV additives for the plastics, the Florida sun is killing the plastics.