2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
It's a Jeep thing!
By pknps on 07/15/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love driving my Jeep, and in the winter when the snow hits i have no excuse to get to work! Ill always have a jeep. I see the 2007 Jeeps are looking good. I am not sure I like their back seats being so high. But they can put families in them now. I had to wait till my kids where older to get a Jeep I could use everyday.

Love my Wrangler!
By GEB on 01/17/07 14:26 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Jeep for 7 years. I've had a few minor issues with it but most were covered under warranty. I beat the crap out of my jeep; both 4 wheeling and busting through the snow. The old stock tires aren't that great but when you upgrade to BFG/AT, you'll be impressed.

2000 Jeep Wrangler
By Rob on 12/02/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Jeep used from a dealer to replace my old beater. Driven all over the east coast, summer and winter. Highway speeds here in Florida can get into the 80's around Palm Beach and that is a little tough to maintain with the top down. Driven all over the Ocala National Forest, stuck mostly to the marked roads. We made one trip on a Sunday after it rained for two days, I was amazed at all the others that were out driving around in the mud, a few roads were washed out and under water, but not impassible even with the stock tires, a little nervous a few times but didn't stick it. Been to the Keys a few times, don't think I'll drive that again in the summer with the top down.

best I've ever had
By Eric on 08/11/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This has been the best vehicle I have ever had, hands down. I had always wanted a Jeep, and finally I just went ahead and got one. After two years plus, I've never regretted it, even for a second. It's incredibly fun to drive, very reliable, versatile, and stylish. I have the solar yellow Sport model with the 5 speed transmission (definitely recommended). I've replaced the factory soft top with an aftermarket Sailcloth top from Bestop (also recommended), and during the summer I use a safari bikini top and duster. There's nothing better in the world than having a convertible in the summer that's also a go-anywhere winter vehicle. I don't think I'll ever have another vehicle again.

2000 Wrangler Sahara
By Jeffrey Morris on 04/30/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I've owned 3 Jeeps - the others being a 1993 Cherokee and a 2002 Grand Cherokee. The Wrangler is the only one I own now, for almost 7 years. It is mechanically well built, with very little drivetrain repair being needed. I have replaced a starter (warranty) and paid for a new muffler, wiper motor, and various wear items (brakes, serpertine belt). I tend to leave the top down in the summer. One year the steering column filled with water during a rain storm resulting in almost $1K in repairs needed - in the warranty period, but not covered. I have since been more careful to put a trash bag over the column when the top is down. I bought a 2006 Chrysler 300 sedan and kept the Jeep as a fun vehicle.

Great vehicle guaranteed to get you from A to B
By Ben on 04/22/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is very rugged and can handle about anything. I have used and abused it and always works great. I don't like how the A/C system is not too cold and this is bad when you are offroading. Most of the time my top is down, which is also a hassle. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have fun driving!

Durability = Jeep Wrangler
By Kay on 02/20/06 15:53 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the most durable vehicle I have ever owned. After about 5 years the oil sending unit had to be replaced which was about $200. Other than that it has been great. I realize the gas mileage is not good, but that's something you find out BEFORE you make a purchase. I absolutely love the short wheel base. That makes parking and getting places a lot easier. I have grown accustomed to the road noise, and that really isn't a problem since the kids are grown and I ride by myself most of the time. Obviously these vehicles are made to be driven hard, because you can't beat the low maintenance on this vehicle.

A Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand
By forever jeep on 01/20/06 12:42 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

For those that complain about mpg or comfort in this Jeep, then you bought it for the wrong reasons. I have had my Wrangler for 5.5 years now. For the first five years it was my primary vehicle and I loved it! The top down, sun on your face and enjoying the summer. I have done so much to mine, and I can't stop! Lift, 33" tires, winch in the front and lights everywhere. It is the definition of SUMMER! Our first baby is due in April and I could have traded it in and bought a new F150 or fancy car, but I just couldn't part with this JEEP. So I bought a commuter car for the me and the baby and that still allows me to drive my Jeep in the summer. People think I am crazy ... except JEEP owners!

Jeep - Yes, Chrysler - oh no
By Max on 01/14/06 05:02 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Style: Lucky me - 2000 Wrangler in Desert Sand Pearl (like the one shown) is the best Jeep design ever. Liked by kids from 0 to 100 and up. Jeep did not cut any corners making body panels "more technological". Was it the last steel-grille, steel-bumper in production? Drive: I wish it had an all-time 4x4. Spins at rabbit starts on wet road in 4x2 at once. The rest is - King of the Hill!! Failure: Now, 'Chrysler' steps in to make the beauty of worst ingredients. A rusty piece of door chipped off on 11th month. Front rotors replaced at 9K miles. Rear differential broke at 14K. Front wheel joints worn at 20K. Both front stabilizer bar rods broke apart at 30K, no offroading. Water pump gone at 50K.

Love it and Hate it
By Jake on 09/20/05 18:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Had my Sahara since Feb. of 2000. Has 85,000 miles on it. Have had to replace the differential and the axle seals (twice). Probably have spent about $2k in replacement maintenance since purchase. Biggest complaint is noise! I have both the soft and hard top, unbearable on highway with soft, mostly unbearable with hard top. Can't even have a conversation with the other passenger. Guzzles gas like an F150 at half the size! But put the top down and drive it in the mountains, heaven.