Used 2000 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

By Wm. Charles Smith

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my 2000 Jeep wrangler for two years. With less than 7000 miles I have had to have the heater switch, rear-end, and radiator repaired or replaced. I am not a happy camper with Chrysler.

I love to drive this vehicle.

The drive train should last at least 200,000 miles.

most reliable & fun car
By Mario

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Jeep used about 7 years ago with 25.000 miles on it. Currently have about 110.000 miles on it and only spent about 300 usd in repairs which were minor ones. This is by far the most reliable and fun vehicle. Use it as a daily driver (about 37 miles round trip to work). Lifted it and put bigger tires on it. Obviously the noise level and comfort are not the best but hey it is a Jeep. Put Herculiner in (carpet out) and can clean the inside with a water hose. Enough space in the back for my big dog. Will keep this car forever and if necessary as a second car. Absolutely highly recommended.

go completely naked (no top, no doors) - the only true convertible. 4x4 (even I don't have to use that often), selection aftermarket parts

offer a diesel engine. Would buy a new one if that would be an option. Otherwise I drive mine until it dies.

Great boy toy !
By Great boy toy !

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Have wanted a Jeep since I started to drive. Just purchased a 2000 SE with 80,000. 4cyl. Drives great. Have been making mods to improve performance. Great gas mileage with the 4 banger. You do give up some performance. having fun working on it. Kids are having a great time with the top down. It is only up if its raining.

Conv. top. 4WD, easy to work on.

Installed AME intake with noticeable improvement in low end, city driving. Flow master 50 exhaust is next.

Best vehicle ever!
By Jake88

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle brand new in 2000. I traded in my trusty old 88 Toyota Pickup for this, and I'm not looking back. The build quality is perfect, the ride is actually smoother then my truck was, and it's a lot quieter. The A/C works great, even in 110 degree weather! The 4.0 6cyl. is a torque monster, and loves to move this Jeep up to speed quickly! Off-road it's THE best vehicle, unbeatable! After 160k miles, the only thing I've replaced is the water pump. My only gripes about it are the 3 speed auto, which can bog it down going up hills, and a weak sound system.

Smooth ride, great turning radius, amazing off road performance, the whole vehicle is just built well! Thank you Jeep!

All of the improvements I'd like to see have already happened. They put a 4 speed in 2003, and a better sound system in 2001.

Not for everyone. That's how I like it!
By GrungeRockJeeper

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

It's slow, loud, heavy, gets horrible gas mileage and lousy on long trips. But I love this truck! After 3 CJS and 1 YJ this is my 5th Jeep. It looks great, will climb anything, pull anything, is great fun with the top and doors off and is apparently indestructible after hitting a concrete wall at 40+mph with only minimal damage then driving away!

Classic Jeep and 2-door convertible styling, real truck frame and axles, solid reliability, Jeep mystique. Little exterior plastic, and beefy strong parts make this a REAL truck instead of a wussy soccer mom suv or car based cuv.

Needs a V-8 for more power and the right nasty snarl from the exhaust. A turbo diesel would be great as well. Bring back the Scrambler! Keep it all Jeep and make sure not to ever dilute it into one of these feminized modern cars.