Used 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Great boy toy !
By Great boy toy !

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Have wanted a Jeep since I started to drive. Just purchased a 2000 SE with 80,000. 4cyl. Drives great. Have been making mods to improve performance. Great gas mileage with the 4 banger. You do give up some performance. having fun working on it. Kids are having a great time with the top down. It is only up if its raining.

Favorite Features

Conv. top. 4WD, easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Installed AME intake with noticeable improvement in low end, city driving. Flow master 50 exhaust is next.

In love with my Jeep...
By dinoj

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

For years, I've wanted a convertible, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money for a rear-wheel drive Mustang. Then this summer I saw a friend in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down, and owned one myself within the week. It is the most fun vehicle my husband and I have ever owned. Another friend says I'm in mid-life crisis, but if this is the case, then BRING IT ON!!!

Favorite Features

LOVE the convertible top. The vehicle looks cool. :) Tight turning radius, can park where no one else fits, and is a dream in the snow with 4WD. Nice, toasty heater with soft top. Great gas mileage with 4-cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

None-awesome vehicle!

I love my yella Jeep!
By troilus1

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Every few months, my wife begs me to get rid of my Jeep. "It's bumpy," she says. "I can't hear myself think." "I can barely climb into it." "My feet don't touch the ground." (she's 5 feet tall) But I run my hand along the hood, and I shake my head. I'll drive this baby into the ground. It handles like a dream, and has the tightest turn-radius of anything I've ever driven. I love being able to crawl anywhere I need to go, and still get 20mpg on the freeway. With the top down, this is, for any North Dakota boy who's made his way to Cali, *the* dream car. I've found it extremely dependable (I put 20k a year on it), easy to tinker with, and no end of fun.

Favorite Features

Convertible top 4WD Speaker-bar (extra) Full doors (extra -- don't get the half-doors)

Suggested Improvements

If I had one complaint, it would be about power. I've got the 2.5liter 4-cyl SE model with standard transmission. Going up steep hills with the air conditioning on at highway speeds taxes the engine mightily.

jeeps rule
By brandt

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

the newest jeep wrangler is jeep no matter which way you look at it. the only difference is the coil suspension system, and the upgraded interior. in my own oppinion the upgraded interior has to go. i have a 1976 cj7 and a 1981 cj8 scrambler and they have no interior whatsoever. its just to pretty inside and way to much plastic. a jeep is supposed to be a rugged offroad machine not a pretty city driven vehicle so keep it true to its heritage and take the plastic out of the interior

Suggested Improvements

take the plastic out of the interior

Happy owner
By JLC

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very happy with vehicle.Wish it got better mileage w/4.0 liter /auto trans. Only problems in 30000 mile warranty period were; Black paint on exterior parts of alum-alloy (mirrors,door handles and rear tailgate window hinges all peeled.All replaced with no hassle by dealer!Also, with my size 14 shoes I frequently hit both gas and brake pedal when stopping! Very scary!