2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
14 Years, 160,000 Miles and Still Love It
By mbb624 on 12/10/13 13:48 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This site is full of people complaining about their ride, so I thought I'd put the good word in on my trusty Jeep. It's the ultimate "do everything" ride. Well-behaved except with high winds, great in the snow or marginal conditions, getting to hiking trails on crap roads. I take care of my vehicles and this Jeep has paid be back with outstanding reliability. It's not the most comfortable, nor very quiet but that's not why you buy a Wrangler!

Loss of a friend
By The Surfer on 05/18/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep gave me 8 years of great fun. Both my daughter and son learned to drive a manual on this car. Original clutch with 149,000 miles. Great summer fun vehicle wish it hadn't been totaled. I would buy another one in a second. Great fun vehicle. Nothing major in 4 years of ownership. Very easy to work on reasonable parts cost and availability. Very reliable.

Nice toy but not much else
By umco20 on 05/11/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Rides awful. Poor MPG. Poor build quality. Water pump failed, A/C failed, poor interior. Awful transmission, laud and rough. No room inside. However, it is great at open air off roading and cool to have. Not recommended as a daily driver.

Outstanding Vehicle
By TC Schmidt on 06/29/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

First Jeep I have owned. Hwy driving provides 20-22 mpg at 65mph. Virtually zero maintenance problems. Easy handling in tight spaces and turns on a dime. Noisy on the highway with softop but very quite with hardtop. Transmission shifts very smoothly and plenty of compliments received regarding the exterior and interior design. Fun to drive.

It's a Jeep Thing!
By Brbnkseaj on 02/10/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Other than having the check engine light come on the day I drove it off the lot, my Jeep has never had to be repaired for anything that wasn't self-inflicted. I am amazed at how much abuse it can take when I go off-roading. It is very fun to drive, and easy to customize. There are downsides, though. You really need to buy aftermarket security products if you have a soft top. My original soft top made a LOT of noise on the highway and when it was windy, and it wore out after five years. But I replaced it with a sailcloth top, which was easy to install and pretty quiet when driving under 60mph. It is also tricky to drive on the highway, especially in the rain. Good tires are a must.

By Wm. Charles Smith on 01/15/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my 2000 Jeep wrangler for two years. With less than 7000 miles I have had to have the heater switch, rear-end, and radiator repaired or replaced. I am not a happy camper with Chrysler.

most reliable & fun car
By Mario on 08/07/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Jeep used about 7 years ago with 25.000 miles on it. Currently have about 110.000 miles on it and only spent about 300 usd in repairs which were minor ones. This is by far the most reliable and fun vehicle. Use it as a daily driver (about 37 miles round trip to work). Lifted it and put bigger tires on it. Obviously the noise level and comfort are not the best but hey it is a Jeep. Put Herculiner in (carpet out) and can clean the inside with a water hose. Enough space in the back for my big dog. Will keep this car forever and if necessary as a second car. Absolutely highly recommended.

Great boy toy !
By Great boy toy ! on 07/22/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Have wanted a Jeep since I started to drive. Just purchased a 2000 SE with 80,000. 4cyl. Drives great. Have been making mods to improve performance. Great gas mileage with the 4 banger. You do give up some performance. having fun working on it. Kids are having a great time with the top down. It is only up if its raining.

Best vehicle ever!
By Jake88 on 06/11/08 00:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle brand new in 2000. I traded in my trusty old 88 Toyota Pickup for this, and I'm not looking back. The build quality is perfect, the ride is actually smoother then my truck was, and it's a lot quieter. The A/C works great, even in 110 degree weather! The 4.0 6cyl. is a torque monster, and loves to move this Jeep up to speed quickly! Off-road it's THE best vehicle, unbeatable! After 160k miles, the only thing I've replaced is the water pump. My only gripes about it are the 3 speed auto, which can bog it down going up hills, and a weak sound system.

Not for everyone. That's how I like it!
By GrungeRockJeeper on 05/29/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

It's slow, loud, heavy, gets horrible gas mileage and lousy on long trips. But I love this truck! After 3 CJS and 1 YJ this is my 5th Jeep. It looks great, will climb anything, pull anything, is great fun with the top and doors off and is apparently indestructible after hitting a concrete wall at 40+mph with only minimal damage then driving away!