1999 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - There's Only One!

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

There's Only One!
By Fantastic Johnny on

1999 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Those looking for a soft ride and performance numbers need not apply. The Jeep is a harsh ride. It's noisy and brash. But it's a boatload of fun in the winter and the summer. I would never recommend the 4 cylinder without the manual transmission. It doesn't have enough ponies for an automatic transmission. I get on average about 20 mpg with 100K miles. I do quite a bit of highway traveling, and as long as you aware of the limitations of driving such a short vehicle at 70 mph, you'll be fine. Wind is about the only enemy of the Jeep. Strong Illinois winds bounce the Jeep around like a pinball, but you couldn't pay me to trade it in. This Jeep is mine until she dies. There's Only One!

Favorite Features

Utilitarian Design. Great in all weather. Good gas mileage for a 4x4. Waving to other Jeep owners.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system for those windy days. I wouldn't change a thing about the Jeep besides that. There are enough Suburban Utility Vehicles out there. Leave one for the common man.