1999 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I take the LONG way home now!!

1999 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

I take the LONG way home now!!!!!
By orrelse on

1999 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

This was my first Wrangler so naturally I was apprehensive about the ride quality and the noise, but I'm pleasantly surprised at both. The interior is very comfortable and everything is laid out nicely. The ride is a little rough, but better than I expected. The soft top can be noisy at high speeds but for its purpose it is suitable. The engine is the 2.4L I4 and lacks any real get up and go for lots of highway driving, but for city driving it is powerful enough. If I were to do it over again, I'd buy the 6 cyl. model. Otherwise, like the title says, I intentionally find the long way home now--anything to spend more time driving my Jeep!!

The classic look of a Jeep Wrangler. The true off-roading capabilities. This thing will go anywhere, snow, mud, you name it, the Wrangler can handle anything.

The 2.4L I4 isn't quite powerful enough for highway speeds. On/off ramps can be aggravating and passing acceleration is next to nothing.