1999 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Long live the Jeeps
By Ippa on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine used with 35,000 miles almost 2 years ago. I now have 65,000 and have not had one problem with the Jeep. It's great in the snow for winter and awesome in the summer... Offroading it really shines. Rocks, sand, trails, hill climbing it does it all. I removed the back seat for added space but now it's a two seater. I'll keep this one for a while.

Great Car, Holds its Value
By oscar 1 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Reliable & fun to drive. Low gas mileage for a small vehicle, but tons of power under the hood.

Great as long as it doesn't see salt
By Eddie2002 on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Great overall vehicle designed for the offroad and more than competent on the road. Definitely not designed for exposure to climates where salt is used for winters. The underpinnings began to rust in 2 years and the body began to peel and streak. This is definitely a cult classic and urban yuppies should know better than to shop this one. This one is for the genuine OR's.

A tough Departure
By pjc on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

3.5 years, 4.0 litre, 5 speed and I always loved it, however, except for traveling at speeds under 40, every passenger sees it as a trial of patience. GREAT offroad, but I have that oppty less than once every two months. It is great for a third car, not a daily driver

A tough Departure
By PJC on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

super suv
By justafriend on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my jeep wrangler for almost 4 years now and it has been a blast. every time i get behind the wheel i feel like i just got my driver's license! They are really well made to tackle anything you throw at them especially off-road! jeeps can go anywhere and do anything vehicles. Buy one today and see for yourself!

Buy a Jeep NOW!
By Max Rockatansky on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep has nearly 60000 miles and runs like new. I have the 4.0L 6 cylinder with a five speed manual. This combo is quick and works well in all conditions. At home on the highway, and will amaze you off-road. Controls are easy to use and well thought out. Take the top and doors off and its close to riding a motorcycle, but you don't need a helmet. This is the ultimate all around vehicle, great in the snow, awsome in the summer. I'll own no other. Buy one NOW!

Powerful and Well Built
By WriggleWraggle on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my first Jeep and I love it. I had always wanted one, and finally a good opportunity to own one came along. This truck is very capable, and has been very reliable to date. What's with the wave thing every time you pass another Jeep anyway? :)

truck + convertible = fun
By donkey on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my first Jeep and couldn't be happier. Chysler needs to improve upon it's tranny build qulaity, but the ability to drop the top, take off the doors and head to the great outdoors is amazing. The after-market "fix-up" selection is endless and it is just truly a fun one to drive.

It is a Jeep thing, and I understand.
By FireCaptain on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the '99 Sport with pretty much every option on it, including both tops. The list price was about $26,000. In addition, I've added a 3 inch Teraflex lift and 33x10.5 BFG's on stock rims. The only problem I have had is the dash guages go dead now and them, but you pop the instrument cluster with your hand, and they come back. This is my 2nd Jeep (first was a Cherokee, also bought new and lifted) and if you take care of them, they will take care of you. No real problems to date.