1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
JeepAholic
By Vatche on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I've always wanted a Jeep since I was young and that dream came true in April of 1999. This has been my daily vehicle respectively for the last 4.5 years and I love it. Not for everyone tho. I have fixed it up with lift kits and larger tires which is the reason for dismal gas mileage but its really worth it because it looks awesome. The noise from the soft top has been eliminated by my upgraded sound system. Very reliable off road and in scorching desert heat and cold snowy winters, amazing what this baby could do.

jeep review
By hotrodd on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

These jeeps rule if your looking for a fun drive anywhere truck. It lacks some room but makes up for it in the fun factor department. I went with a h/t because of mid-west winters. I've always wanted one and would consider getting another one anyday. Jeep - There's no substitute!

Fun, But get old
By Shaxar on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my '99 Jeep used in Feb of 2000, right in the middle of winter. They actually stay warmer int the winter than most think. It was great at first, but over time, you get sick of felling every bump in the road. The engine leaves much to be desired. It does have it's good days where it feels like it's as fast as any other car, but mostly it's slow, and not very good gas mileage either. It's a great car, but wouldn't recommend it for everyday use.

Wonderful vehicle
By Jeep 16 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a wonderful, fun vehicle. I absolutely fell in love with my Jeep. It is a 1999 soft top. The exterior color is dark metallic amethyst. It's gorgeous. This vehicle is great for someone who loves the outdoors and does not have children, because there is really not enough room for them. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world. My "baby" has been everywhere from Miami to Canada. I hope to have many more enjoyable years.

I love It
By Slimmin on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

It is a Jeep. This thing will climb a mountain in off the showroom form and look good in the process. The noise and the rough on-road ride are part of the attraction. My wife and I have had lots of fun in this vehicle. It brings a smile to my face seeing it in the garage.

A blast to drive all year round
By saseals on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a fun vehicle to drive. Bought the hard top....a pain to take off...bought a hoist. Very quiet in the winter with the hard top on. Took it to Texas and used it to put Sea Doos in the water. Saw full size trucks spin their tires doing the same thing. The jeep climbed like there was no tomorrow.

TJ Review
By Jpfrk on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have enjoyed this vehicle more than any of the other SWB Jeeps that I have owned. I just wish they had more leg room and better seats!

utilitarian but who asked?
By amandamarsh on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

My first Jeep, and why did I wait so long? My commute is fun, and if it snows, my sports car can sit it out until Spring. Sure, it is a bit noisy, but it is responsive, practical, and flat fun. And to add to its pleasure - the dashboard doesn't look like the cockpit of the Space Shuttle Endeavor. Like the old VW Beetles, it tells the driver all she needs to know.

Fun, but NOT as a primary car
By Jeep Buddy on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep new four years ago and have had a lot of time to think about it. It's basically a good car; it's fun taking the top off, it's been reliable, it looks good and girls like it. BUT: it's noisy, the ride is punishing, it uses gas like a Winnebego yet it's so underpowered you can plant flowers on the side of the road as you steam away from a stop light and it is, for all intents and purposes, a two- seater with very little luggage space. As an auxilliary, around-town car you can't beat it, but it's NOT made for driving every day, or for routinely driving trips longer than 25 miles or so.

Best I've ever owned
By JDB on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

A day is not complete without a ride in my Jeep. This Wrangler was well worth the 25 year wait (took me that long to get over the "practical" sydrome). I have fun every moment I'm driving or just riding. It's noisy. So what. It's rough. So what. It's fun. That's what!!!