Used 1999 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1999 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Best 8 years of my Life!
By Nancy

1999 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have enjoyed owning this Jeep so much. The only reason I can see to sell it is I don't recommend putting car seats in it. I loved it in the winter as well as the summer. It's 4 wheel drive, so I never had problems getting where I needed to be. Not even in a blizzard! It's so fun owning a Jeep, especially when you have a hard top, soft top as well as a bikini top. I recommend it to everyone, except if you have an infant to tool around with.

Favorite Features

All the tops that that you can interchange on the Jeep. I love that I can put the soft top up in 3 minutes flat if it starts raining. Everyone waves at you as well. - well those in Jeeps will wave at you. It's nice.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system.

this Jeep is worth any price
By luvshisjeep99

1999 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this jeep as my second car. I had a Mazda but it was about to die and I didn't like it all that much. I bought this Jeep and i love it. It's a go anywhere do anything vehicle with so many options it will leave your head spinning. All of my friends and family love it and it's reliable. Plus the insurance is the exact same as it was on my last car. Overall I love it to death.

Favorite Features

Go anywhere do anything capability, tons of aftermarket parts available, heat works extremely well, comfortable, easy for first time drivers to learn a stickshift. Overall awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency could be a little better but it's an suv.

best car ever!
By debruins

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep. First off though to improve performance and driveability I added lots of upgrades for the engine to get better performance, and better stability with much better shocks. I added lift and a winch and 33's as well as add a trunk, a Tuffy console, and a better sound system. It is now the perfect car. it does great on road for a JEEP and amazing off road. For those who don't get the Jeep thing it is too bad for you, buy a Land Rover.

Favorite Features

Going anywhere you point it. Dependability, it has never broken, and I have seen YJ's with 300,000 miles and up!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine, or less sluggish stock, and maybe a few of the upgrades stock like add a trunk or lift and bigger tires.

Great fun and reliability!
By MonkeyMangler

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This Jeep rocks! I used to have a 95 4 cylinder 5 speed. The 6 cylinder makes it much more practical. The interior is great, suspension flexes a lot off-road, and it's not slow like the 4 banger. The top is great comes down and up in much less time then the older models. Anyways, great vehicle, guaranteed fun!

Favorite Features

Soft top, 6 cylinder, 5 speed, nice interior!

Suggested Improvements

Only improvements would be, nothing. Just the right amount of power without chugging gas. I wish they would come stock with 33" tires and a lift because I put them on there anyway.

Best of anything I've driven
By Pitbull

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned a number of different vehicles since I started driving. This is my first Wrangler and I love it! I owned a Grand Cherokee before this, and this Wrangler puts it to shame. I have gone places in 2WD with my Wrangler that I would not even dream about going in 4WD with my Grand Cherokee. On top of it all, I love the looks I get going around town, one of the perks of a fire engine red JEEP.

Favorite Features

Montana convertible, go anywhere anytime I want, driving down the road with a big grin on my face because I LOVE MY JEEP.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, and a better sound system.