1999 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep Wrangler
By thok06 on 09/05/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

If you want a fun weekend car, this is it. Taking the top down and driving around is loads of entertainment. It's one of the cheapest convertibles available. However, if you plan on using this for an everyday car, be prepared. The gas mileage is poor, especially for a small SUV. Reliability is no better, I had to have my exhaust manifold replaced at the dealership for $900. It cracked at just 45K miles. The interior is cheaply made. A/C knobs barely function. The ride is terrible and unstable. All this and I am at 55K. Security is nil: if it weren't for my hard top my car would be a playground for thieves. The hood doesn't lock, and I know a Wrangler owner who had her battery stolen

Love my jeep
By Deb on 07/17/06 17:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep new. I had it lifted and added lots of extras; it is so much fun to drive and it looks great. It always gets lots of looks wherever we go. I can go anywhere I want all year round snow, no road NO PROBLEM - it is a JEEP THING and if you don't own one YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!

Maxjeep
By CannonBalls on 05/30/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

My 2nd Jeep, had a 1998 sold it, missed it...bad, had to go find a replacement. Best offroad vehicle I have ever driven. Love the go anywhere, do about anything attitude of the Jeep. No problems with this one or the other one. Really nice, fun vehicle. Can't wait to get it to Montana this July, going mountain climbing.

Fun Jeep Sahara
By lmm on 02/01/06 11:13 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is really fun to play around with during the winter and it is really reliable. I haven't got stuck yet and it preforms great. Plus they are the most fun to modify.

1999 Jeep Sahara
By rhicksmtb on 01/04/06 12:28 PM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

What a great ride. My wife and kids always look forward to family time in the jeep. I and my buddies always look forward to pushing its limits off road. I purchased the Mile Marker 8000 winch (has worked flawlessly many times) but do not need it very often. I usually have to pull out someone else out. This is by far the best 4X4 I have ever owned.

I Love It!
By TheBitman on 12/18/05 10:54 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely love this vehicle! I ordered it from the factory with almost every option, and I haven't regretted it at all. It is the most fun to drive, dependable and versatile vehicle I have ever owned. I use it to commute every day, and then use it for working around the property on the weekends. I have driven it in all kinds of weather and it has never let me down. This little truck will go anywhere and do anything!

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By greg on 11/10/05 11:07 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The initial model had a problem with the headers, which the manufacturer later replaced. I did my own with a Borla. This is the most reliable car that I have ever owned. Other than the header, it has never needed service (now has 60,000 mi., 11/05). After market upgrades are fun, and very worthwhile. Is very easy to self service. I wish that a diesel conversion was available! I have always wondered why the ratings have never been higher, except that everyone wants "fast and furious", (low end disposa-cars), instead of powerful, durable, rugged, and dependable. GO JEEP :)

Gotta Love Them
By Jeeper on 08/24/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Jeep Wrangler, and they just keep getting better. You can't beat them offroad, trust me. They will climb just about anything you put in front of it, and they are extremely dependable. The 4.0 six cylinder is very powerful, but it only gets around 17 mpg in city. I have owned Chevy, Dodge, and Toyotas, and you simply can't beat the toughness, dependability, and offroad ability of a Jeep. They are so much fun to drive, especially with the top down, and everyone is looking at you with envy. I'll always be a Jeep man. I think everyone should try one, and they'll be hooked too.

JEEPS RULE
By mmora73 on 08/22/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Jeeps are not the average day vehicle. it takes a certain personality type to own one. i am sure everyone has heard the line" my friend owns a Jeep". there is hardly another vehicle I would invest the kind of money into that i did with mine. It is one of a kind. Hard to do with a four banger Mustang. Love my jeep since i drove it off the show room floor.

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 6 cylinder
By chemboy74 on 07/14/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had this vehicle for 3 1/2 years now. I've taken it all over the place, from the rugged mountains and beaches of the Lake Superior northwoods at the height of winter, to the eastern Kansas foothills. It's a blast to drive and there isn't anyplace it won't go. I started driving it less when gas started to go up, and I've only put 3000 miles on it since January '05. You won't own a Jeep if you're concerned about ride comfort, and this one begs to be driven hard. Wear and tear has been comparable with every other car I've driven, So, whether you're looking for a nice ride about town, or trek across some difficult terrain and don't mind high gas prices, buy a Wrangler.