Used 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

better than my wife
By dlemmon1

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

i love my jeep, it has been everywhere with me, from Colorado, Oklahoma, an Tennessee. love going offroad, put on all kinds of accessories, been very reliable. i fell into a ditch and flooded the engine, busted all kinds of things up, and its still goin strong. easy to work on and way fun to drive. not a family car in the winter but in the summers my sons love it.

Beware: fun but unreliable
By Fun but unreliable

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased '99 Wrangler in 2004. In '06 engine dropped a rod with 127K miles. Replaced engine and it has been nothing but problems since. It's embarrassing how much money I've spent on maintaining this vehicle. I LOVE driving it but the last few years have been a major disappointment

Hard/Soft Top, Good Heater, A/C, Fun off-roading

Not reliable in old age

It's a Jeep, can't complain
By bob

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Fun to drive year round. I took it mudding and not have have it in four wheel drive. It a Jeep can do about anything

It's universal. Fun times calls for doors/top off, cold weather doors/top on. It's fun and practical, plus looks good. Also the military used it, so you know it's reliable.

Better radio and better fuel gauge

Best 8 years of my Life!
By Nancy

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have enjoyed owning this Jeep so much. The only reason I can see to sell it is I don't recommend putting car seats in it. I loved it in the winter as well as the summer. It's 4 wheel drive, so I never had problems getting where I needed to be. Not even in a blizzard! It's so fun owning a Jeep, especially when you have a hard top, soft top as well as a bikini top. I recommend it to everyone, except if you have an infant to tool around with.

All the tops that that you can interchange on the Jeep. I love that I can put the soft top up in 3 minutes flat if it starts raining. Everyone waves at you as well. - well those in Jeeps will wave at you. It's nice.

Better sound system.

this Jeep is worth any price
By luvshisjeep99

1999 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this jeep as my second car. I had a Mazda but it was about to die and I didn't like it all that much. I bought this Jeep and i love it. It's a go anywhere do anything vehicle with so many options it will leave your head spinning. All of my friends and family love it and it's reliable. Plus the insurance is the exact same as it was on my last car. Overall I love it to death.

Go anywhere do anything capability, tons of aftermarket parts available, heat works extremely well, comfortable, easy for first time drivers to learn a stickshift. Overall awesome.

Fuel efficiency could be a little better but it's an suv.