1999 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Love it - Hate to see it go.
By Jeepers on 02/08/10 10:20 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Jeep for 10 years now and I love it. No major mechanical problems, just the normal wear of driving it over 200,000 miles. It's not for the person who is looking for a quiet, smooth ride - it's a Jeep, it's built for fun and believe me it is. I have tested it off road only a handful of time over the years and that is where a Jeep is at it's best. Saw a couple of Hummers struggling through the same trails that I had no issues with. Great in winter and fun in the summer. The only complaint I have is it is not a family car and since I'm expecting a baby in a few months, I need to get something bigger - but I will get a Jeep again!!

Fun but ...
By MichaelT on 07/19/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Jeep since 2000 & 130K miles. It is a blast to drive. The 4.0 is bulletproof. I have had to replace several parts, transmission, transfer case, exhaust manifold, rear axle (3 times), & radiator. If you push this thing much off road you will have to replace something. Gas mileage is horrible, w/ 33" tires I am getting about 10 mpg in town. Aerodynamics are not helping gas mileage. Turning radius is tight. Not for long trips. Can't wait to get rid of mine.

Built to last
By J.C. Allan on 05/21/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this third Jeep bought new in the swamps of Mississippi to the mountains of Utah. It has been a blast all the way. On one adventure my wife and I challenged ourselves to a 35 mile ORV trail in southern Utah and enjoyed skirting along a few mountains without difficulty. Having owned a few sports cars over the decades, including one with 12 cylinders, there is nothing more exhilarating as the freedom of getting off the beaten road and going were few dare.

Great 4x4
By Bradley on 06/02/07 02:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep! It has plenty of power for such a small SUV. I have not added any custom parts but plan too. It rides and drive great. Gas mileage is not so good.

Jeep Wrangler
By thok06 on 09/05/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

If you want a fun weekend car, this is it. Taking the top down and driving around is loads of entertainment. It's one of the cheapest convertibles available. However, if you plan on using this for an everyday car, be prepared. The gas mileage is poor, especially for a small SUV. Reliability is no better, I had to have my exhaust manifold replaced at the dealership for $900. It cracked at just 45K miles. The interior is cheaply made. A/C knobs barely function. The ride is terrible and unstable. All this and I am at 55K. Security is nil: if it weren't for my hard top my car would be a playground for thieves. The hood doesn't lock, and I know a Wrangler owner who had her battery stolen

Fun Jeep Sahara
By lmm on 02/01/06 11:13 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is really fun to play around with during the winter and it is really reliable. I haven't got stuck yet and it preforms great. Plus they are the most fun to modify.

1999 Jeep Sahara
By rhicksmtb on 01/04/06 12:28 PM (PST)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

What a great ride. My wife and kids always look forward to family time in the jeep. I and my buddies always look forward to pushing its limits off road. I purchased the Mile Marker 8000 winch (has worked flawlessly many times) but do not need it very often. I usually have to pull out someone else out. This is by far the best 4X4 I have ever owned.

JEEPS RULE
By mmora73 on 08/22/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Jeeps are not the average day vehicle. it takes a certain personality type to own one. i am sure everyone has heard the line" my friend owns a Jeep". there is hardly another vehicle I would invest the kind of money into that i did with mine. It is one of a kind. Hard to do with a four banger Mustang. Love my jeep since i drove it off the show room floor.

Love It!
By Jeepman on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Its a Jeep thing and you do have to understand. My only major issue was the awful stock tires they put on this Jeep. Other than a bad wire harness, no major complaints. Goes anywhere in any weather.

jeep review
By Mr Stone on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Really enjoy the vehicle, has hard and softtop