Very Fun, bulletproof but expensive
By agildner1 on
1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
My first vehicle(a jeep isnt a car) is a 98 sport with the 5 speed. I have both tops and hard doors, and its still very loud(I have NOISY mud terrain tires which dont help). I have driven this things over ice, then the ice cracked and I was bogging through 3 ft of mud with ice scraping along the bottom and no problems from that. This Jeep has 192,000 miles and has been well abused like no other vehicle. But its been expensive. trans rebuild at 190K($800) is only vehicle related part but I still got many miles on it. Other problems that all cars will have is new power steering pump($120), AC system overhaul ($250), brakes ($150). I did all the work myself(very easy to work on). FUN!!!
Favorite Features
Super rugged, super good offroad, cheap and easy to replace parts, plain, simple interior-love it. All my friends are jealous and 2 other friends have wranglers now due to me. 5 speed is not smooth but it feels rugged like your driving a semi. Everybody loves it. Me, my 4 year old cousins, and even my grandma and mom all want it lol. I have 2" lift, 31" mudders, arb snorkel, and homemade bumpers. I also like to add that I get decent mileage since I have lift and mud tires. I get 18 of highway/city combined with 4.0L and 5 speed, 190K on the engine and it still loves to scream. The 4.0L is the BEST ENGINE of all time(in my mind)
Suggested Improvements
Nothing really. I have high miles so I cant complain are stuff going wrong. GREAT resale value!!!