1998 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Love the truck, MPG lousy!

1998 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

Love the truck, MPG lousy!
By Mark326 on

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I love everything about this vehicle except the gas mileage. My last tank I used 89 octane and averaged 15 mpg city/hwy. Jeep owners are their own breed of people. Be prepared for some repairs, squeaks, and bad MPG. The functionality of this vehicle is amazing. You can truely go anywhere with it! I wouldnt recommend this vehicle for people that have long commutes to work due to the gas mileage. The I6 is a very responsive 6- cylinder engine. I have the 3 speed automatic transmission with mine and I think it could be a bit better. I had to have the torque converter replaced under waranty when I first purchased the vehicle. 3rd gear was vibrating like crazy! Great for short commutes, not long trips.

The features are endless. Bolt-ons and accessories for the Wrangler never stop. I love the 4WD in the snow. Never get stuck. Small truck with plenty of interior room.

The only thing that has to get improved is the gas mileage, and to make it a bit more water-tight.