1998 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
hoosjon review
By hoosjon on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

i have enjoyed this jeep and plan to get another one that is similar. fun to drive, this is an experience that makes driving more of an adventure and less a way to get from here to there.

The Beast
By Jeeper 2003 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I Love My Jeep. It gets all the looks on the road. The styling is like no other and this vehicle is the king when it comes to the off-road. On road the ride is not to bad, you have to remember it is a jeep though not a cadi. Taking the doors off and letting the top down make driving a pleasure instead of a hassle.

Love my jeep.....
By jeep guy on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This jeep is perfect for all occassions. I highly recommend the 6 cylinder.... I have no problems driving to the mountains to go skiing. During a recent snow storm (2 1/2 feet in two days) I took the jeep out to play and could NOT get stuck! Off roading is a blast as is highway driving. I've done three roadtrips of 1400 miles... no problems. The only things I don't like.... everyone likes to break in (soft top) even when there's nothing to take. That and the road noise takes some time getting used to (doesn't bother me anymore).

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE
By Kathryn on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

First of all, there is nothing like a Jeep. What it lacks in ability it makes up for in fun. I regret not getting glass windows rather than plastic because they are considerably noisier. Plus, plastic windows are sort of a pain when you go through a drive through and its raining. I have never regretted not getting a hard top. They seem like an inconvenience not worthy of something which is an aesthetic improvement. Plus, I would like to dispel the myth that Jeeps are cold. A soft top suffices in keeping a jeep warm. The heater is awesome as is the air conditioning. Overall, this car rocks and I've loved it since the day I got it!

Great Vehicle
By OOJack on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

There is seriously nothing like a jeep. I bought mine new in 1998 (Green Sahara Hard Top), and have put 75,000 miles on it. Other than basic service and minor warranty work, I have had no real problems. If your considering buying a Wrangler, make sure you comfortable with the expected wind noise, bumpiness, fuel mileage etc. Wranglers are just plain fun. You get looks all time, jeep drivers usually wave at each other, and this thing turns on a dime.

Love my Jeep!
By jeeper on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Jeep to drive to my office daily (1 mile) and for weekends off the beaten path. The Jeep has done these things without problem. I bought the Jeep knowing full well its strengths and weaknesses and have not been disapointed. The Wrangler is not a highway cruiser, but I have driven it on several long road trips and can only complain about the road noise and lack of power. Gas mileage is poor for a 4 cyl. Off road it can't be beat.

great car
By algebra123us on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bough it with 27k miles for 8,000 dollars.

Fun to drive and reliable too
By Jeep Girl on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Well keep in mind that a Jeep Wrangler is supposed to be loud, noisy, bumpy, and not aerodynamic!! It's not meant to go 75 mph uphill, it's an off road vehicle. Though I've never had a problem going around 65 uphill on the highway and mine is a 2.5L 4cylinder. I love the fact that I know that I'll drive through any weather condition. I've dealt with eight inches of snow, ice, and really heavy rain with quarter inch hail stones. I love the interior, sound bar, and soft top roof that comes down so easy. I don't think I'll ever drive anything but a Jeep Wrangler.

Truely a
By Nick Valentine on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

My jeep wrangler is the most versitile vehicle that I have ever owned. It preforms well on road, and exceptionally well off-road. Whether the road is flooded, snow-covered, or just thick mud, I have been able to travel down it. Were ever I go, I am honestly able to say that I have complete confidence that I will get to my destination in a Jeep Wrangler.

RUST & BUST....it's a jeep thing
By Kuentz on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Rust from the day I drove it off the parking lot..It has never stopped, hinges and doors and mirror brackets..I have had to replace break calipers after less than 50k miles, new tires at 35k miles, new windshield washer motor, wireing harness to the dashboard controls,exhaust manifold,steering sway bars and many other small things..all done at a Jeep dealer...will never own another Jeep product..It's four years old and I have put $4000.00 into repairs in the last 8 months