1997 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: so-so

1997 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

so-so
By past wrangler fan on

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

This was my first car. It has an amazing turning radius and was extremely to maneuver and park. Never have to worry about getting stuck, and girls like it; it's a convertible!! But it's not perfect. The 4-banger couldn't beat a slug, and every bump is felt. Since I got my jeep 2 years ago I put new wheels, tires, stabilizer, shocks, radio system, side fenders, and some minor things. Jeep made this car for strict off roading. The 22 mpg isn't bad for a truck but the EXTREMELY bumpy ride on the road, feel every turn, and overheating at 80 mph can get annoying.

Favorite Features

Classic exterior looks great, steering wheel in perfect position, perfect height for practically no blind spots, and amazing turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower on the 4 banger, intermittent windsheild wipers, more leg room, I'm kinda tall at 6'2 but i had to get the seat at a body shop moved back b/c each time i hit the brakes at all my shins were crushed on the lower part of the dash. Also, ANTI- LOCKING BRAKES. Brakes lock up really easy!