It's a Jeep...what else do you expect
By runningman on
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
I am always suprised by some of the critiques on this vehicle, like it's fuel consumption, loudness and hard ride. What do you expect from a kick- ass ultimate 4WD convertable. Mind you, it is loud as loud can be on a road trip, but if you plan on making multiple long distances car trips, then the jeep isn't your best bet. If I was concerned with fuel consumption, I would have got a Honda Civic. Overall, I plan on running the wrangler into the ground. It takes everything I give it. Finally, it is just plain fun. From the first time you drive with the top down to every time afterwards, you will understand why you bought the wrangler many years before.
Favorite Features
The interior is wonderful and fun. I added speakers behind the front seats in addition to the sound bar and that is all I need. For a convertable, the jeep has a very powereful AC/heater.
Suggested Improvements
I had to have the air conditioning fixed once. The only real concern I have is that it leaks bad during heavy rainstorms. I don't think this is common for all wranglers; maybe just mine, but I wanted to share