1997 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: GREAT VEHICLE

1997 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

GREAT VEHICLE
By Brando on

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

If you're an adventurous person, buy this vehicle. Sometimes I just take the back seat out and sleep in the back in my sleeping bag at a state park. It has been a great vehicle for 50,000 miles with only both strut connectors going. Jeep comradery is the best. I've gotten a flat tire twice, and both times a Wrangler pulled over to help me. As well as the Jeep wave that no one understands. It's been reliable so far, but I am worried about the typical Chrysler surprise, meaning when a Chrysler hits 100,000 miles like clockwork something goes wrong with it.

Favorite Features

1)Off-road capability-nothing beats it. 2)Aftermarket products-Vehicle with the most of them 3)Standard transmission-One of the nicest ones I've driven in the price range. 4)No vanity mirrors-Damn Straight

Suggested Improvements

I'm told the 2.5's are bulletproof, but that little, pushing 3300 lbs seems like its going to shorten the lifespan of the vehicle. I also think that the turning ability is sacrificed a little too much in 4WD. Antilock brakes on all Wranglers would be appreciated as well.