1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Built Like a Tank.. Runs

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Built Like a Tank.. Runs forever
By Jepper68 on

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep from the original owner with 205,000. Mine is a sport 4.0 5-speed. It has a 4" dick cepek lift with 33's. Runs perfect i get between 13-16 mpg in town. Original engine, transmission, clutch, and differentials. Ive already put 10k on my wrangler and still keeps running like a tank. Taken it on some nasty trails, up in the high country, through the sand at the beach. Parts are cheap for jeeps and easy to install. Cant get a more reliable vehicle built today. The 4.0I6 is good for 3-450k serviced reguarly.

Favorite Features

Solid front axle! Great low end power. Enough torque on tap to spin 33's. Strong clutch, easy to read gauges, good quality paint, Convertible Top, good brakes, Engine built for longevity and utility not for low sound. Feels like a V8 under 4000 rpms. Best vehicle for offroading.

Suggested Improvements

Large tires stock, at least 32". Hemi in new ones.. Esecially after they discontinued the great 4.0L AMC I6. 4:1 transfer case ratio standard. Dana 44 in rear standard. But overall you cant improve this beauty.