Used 1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Frank the Tank
By PAPA SMURF

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep and it has a 4 cylinder engine in it and it has plenty of power, it can always use more, but really I dont see that big of a difference... This truck makes you feel like your driving a tank and is a great 2nd vehicle but could easily be a primary vehicle. WARNING: I heard that the hood vent gets clogged and lets water in, it didnt happen to me, but my new soft top window seals let water in 2 days after I bought it. I did some research and It happens a lot! To all years! That ok cause there are drain plugs and I use it for trailing so its no biggie for me, but I would have been mad if this was my primary vehicle. PS its not that hard to fix so dont worry...

Its like a tank and very reliable I highly recommend!

well I have a 97 so I guess they have made all the improvements they need...

Been through hell and back
By bigfortdawg

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 97 tj 2.5l 5 speed this was my first Jeep/car I have replaced the engine twice once at 27,000 and again at 93,000 it now has been converted to an off-road vehicle with 33-13.50 ltbs and a 5 inch lift oh yea I had to replace the computer at 140,000 that was fun to track down, so I still got it and it's running good at 156,000

no doors,4-low ,this beast will go anywhere as long as it isn't deep mud, all in all i don't think i will ever part with this jeep i just love it

More leg room, better seats, tilt steering wheel, more durable soft top

Best Ride Ever!
By Jeff

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep Wrangler as a demo in 1998. I've put 188,000 miles on it and have been more then happy with it since day 1. It goes everywhere, from the tropics to winter blizzards. I've owned many high end vehicles and get more enjoyment out of this Jeep then any of the others!

An incredible variety of after market parts have made my Jeep run better then stock. No other vehicle comes close to what you can do with this Jeep if you want to personalize it! Looks great, runs great, feels great! (And my wife loves it)

Don't mess with a good thing!

Good car
By Jeremy

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had it about a year now and I love it. Everyone in my high school is jealous because they can't do anything near what I can. Sitting on 35" tires and a 4 inch lift kit it's unstoppable.

design, front axle, air system, and convertible top

Needs a better stock rear axle.

Its a JEEP thing(you wouldnt understand)
By JEEP MAN

1997 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I LOVE my Jeep..got a kick out of the last review i read about a guys jeep with a bad tranny..mine has 198000 miles on it and have NEVER had a transmission problem. I live in Georgia and ole Blacky will go anywhere i want it to go.It is after all a hummer rescue vehicle..My jeep has had 2 problems in all the years and miles i've put on it.,I had to have brushes put in the alternator,and i replaced the seal in the steering box once.It dosen't have a lift kit on it and i run 1050s on it..When i first got it it was one of about 6 or 7 jeeps in my area of NW Georgia.Now Jeeps are EVERYWHERE.and mine still looks the best..LOL..want a great reliable FUN vehicle?? Buy a JEEP

Looks,soft top(the round headlights) the name JEEP.the 4.0 is strong and a great engine

stop making the 4 door buses an calling them jeeps