1997 Wrangler Sport
By Paul on
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
I find it amazing, I've had it in water up to the air intake twice; in other words, almost everything was under water, including the alternator. This was in 1989 and it caused no problems. The shocks were still good last summer when I installed adjustable ones. I find the way I drive, the stiffer the better. I also added quick release sway bar joints, a high end winch, bumper and mount, remote starter and soft top. Then I saw the RUBICON and gave up before I bought lockers. I will find a RUBICON soon I hope with the features I want. I have ABS, it has saved me from crashing at least 6 times, pulling an overloaded trailer on two occasions. I will never drive anything but a Wrangler. Zero complaints
Favorite Features
What can I say, my uncle was a Liaison Officer in WWII; he drove a Jeep all over Germany with black out lights. I know the history of Jeep well. It is a natural selection in my opinion. I need to change spark plugs. I can't believe they've lasted 38K.
Suggested Improvements
Rear side window removal and replacement is a pain in the rain; anytime for that matter. Speed control would have been nice. Decreased power would be my major complaint. Fifth gear around where I live is useless.