my yippi
By ashmanart on
1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD
I just bought a 95 wrangler rio grande edition 4x4 soft top. it has air conditioning, a warn winch and a new top. Only 41000 miles on it. it was babied - the last owner (I'm the 3rd) took good care of it as did the original owner. I had a 59 CJ and a 51 Willys Overland. I love this car. I bought it for myself for my 65th birthday and it's my daily driver for a 13 mile commute. This 4 cylinder is an upgrade of the flathead "hurricane" engine and has twice the horsepower. Cruise at 75 making 3200 RPM. What could be better. I'm keeping this baby!
Favorite Features
torque is amazing. shifts easily and the transfer case is easy to use. no locking hubs, but I didnt really want to go out in the snow and ice and deal with that anyway. The underdash (factory) air is cold - too cold! which is how you want it. sounds good, runs good and feels right. Love this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
it would be great if the top and windows could come off a bit easier and it could really use a center mounted hand-brake. Especially on hills. the gm style step-on emergency brake just doesnt cut it.