1995 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Great purchase

1995 Jeep Wrangler

Great purchase
By nosolman on

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with the right mindset: a second vehicle, to enjoy off road and around town with my son. I've enjoyed every minute in my Jeep. Simple to maintain, reliable, and cheap to operate. Highway travel is kept to a minimum, due to road noise and bikini top. Other than that, this vehicle is a joy. Four cylinder is slow off the line, but more than adequate for casual driving and off pavement fun. Gas mileage is reasonable considering gearing (4.10's, stock) and boxy body style. If you're seeking a cheap, around town vehicle, or a great little convertible, it's hard to beat an older body style Jeep. And they're darn near impossible to stop off road.

Simple design and ease of maintenance. Great, functional interior. Reliability still amazes me. When I considered purchasing, I spoke to a number of owners that claimed to have well over 200,000 miles on the 2.5 liter four. And now that I own one myself, I believe it.

I like the articulation and easier ride of the new coil-sprung TJ, but I still enjoy the simplicity of the leaf- sprung YJ. People should do a little homework before they purchase a Wrangler or CJ. They are not a commuter's car or a Lexus. Keep that in mind, and I promise you will enjoy your Jeep.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review