1995 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: A Jeep Thing I Don't Understan

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

A Jeep Thing I Don't Understand
By Graham on

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

It must be a "Jeep thing" that I just don't understand - this little thing is so overrated. I would suggest it to someone who goes off-roading every weekend, but for a daily driver, it's atrocious. 4 cylinder = horrid performance and gas mileage as well. The highway ride is unbearable with the soft top, but it's another $1600 to get another one with hard upper doors. The reliability hasn't been great - I took it to the shop three times in two months. Minor stuff, but it adds up. If you want something to play with for the weekends or summer, sure, this can be fun, but I highly recommend something else. I'm buying a Toyota.

Um, good in snow. (Slightly) fun in summer. THAT'S ALL.

More power to 2.5 liter - better mileage - a somewhat tolerable highway ride - safer - more reliable - make the soft top workable in less than 20 minutes - STOP PUTTING THE GAS TANK INTAKE BEHIND THE LICENSE PLATE! - allow rear seat access from driver side seat - a full size spare.