1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
"1995 Rio Grande"
By Acuracee55qt on 03/13/06 15:40 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I always wanted a Wrangler due to the fact you can drive with the top down and doors off. I'm 24, I love to mountain bike and snowboard. The ride is very rigid on the highway and if you lift it, it gets a little worse. I opted for the 4" Rough Country lift and it's really stiff now. The mileage does suffer after you get bigger tires. 190 miles to the tank on 33's and about 220 miles with 31's. 13-gal tank. The off roading makes up for it. Space is VERY limited. If you can afford one get a 99' or above; so much better with coil springs. 4 cylinder is cheaper for a reason. They got no power at all. Only in low range off road does the gearing make up for it. I have all the tops and doors and they all come in handy.

Jeep
By Dan on 03/08/06 13:52 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

Very reliable and fun to drive. Great for summer and winter driving. I have never had a major problem. Jeeps are easy to work on and maintain.

Great purchase
By nosolman on 12/23/05 14:57 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with the right mindset: a second vehicle, to enjoy off road and around town with my son. I've enjoyed every minute in my Jeep. Simple to maintain, reliable, and cheap to operate. Highway travel is kept to a minimum, due to road noise and bikini top. Other than that, this vehicle is a joy. Four cylinder is slow off the line, but more than adequate for casual driving and off pavement fun. Gas mileage is reasonable considering gearing (4.10's, stock) and boxy body style. If you're seeking a cheap, around town vehicle, or a great little convertible, it's hard to beat an older body style Jeep. And they're darn near impossible to stop off road.

Happy Owner
By greekslt on 11/21/05 03:32 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am owner #2 of a '95 Jeep YJ S, which I bought in 1997. I have used this Jeep in many occupational applications including hauling a light duty trailer for up to 12 hours straight. This Jeep has held up to a remarkable amount of punishment and continues to prove its reliability & ability, & even its safety. I have been in 2 very dangerous accidents (75mph roll-over & T-boned by a 60mph runaway truck) in this Jeep with no injury and astonishingly minimal damage to the vehicle. Mine has over 177K miles and is still going strong. Other than routine maintenance, only repairs have been a replaced alternator, clutch, & steering gear. It looks/works great year-round, & is a blast to drive. Go Jeep.

A Jeep Thing I Don't Understand
By Graham on 09/05/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

It must be a "Jeep thing" that I just don't understand - this little thing is so overrated. I would suggest it to someone who goes off-roading every weekend, but for a daily driver, it's atrocious. 4 cylinder = horrid performance and gas mileage as well. The highway ride is unbearable with the soft top, but it's another $1600 to get another one with hard upper doors. The reliability hasn't been great - I took it to the shop three times in two months. Minor stuff, but it adds up. If you want something to play with for the weekends or summer, sure, this can be fun, but I highly recommend something else. I'm buying a Toyota.

King of summer
By Keith on 04/23/05 22:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

With the top and doors off, driving in the summer and on the beach, the Wrangler is second to none. This is purely a second car for fun because when you're on the highway, the noise level is high and you feel EVERY bump on the road. The 1995 S is very basic, which is what a Jeep should be. You can tweak it to your liking. It's a blast driving around town and in the sand on a hot summer day.

coolcat
By TP on 03/23/05 15:20 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I have driven two sets of tires completely away on my Wrangler and it has only been to the shop once. It's a great run around vehicle and fun to drive on country roads on the weekend. If you need a smooth ride for long trips, don't go in a Wrangler. It wasn't built for trips. Nothing beats taking the TOP off and cruising on back roads and to the lake or mountains. Great second vehicle to drive and get out of the everyday rut.

Great Jeep
By rdv on 01/22/05 05:07 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

This 1995 Wrangler is one of the neatest vehicles I've owned out of about 75 cars. Great on gas and the 4 cylinder has plenty of pep. Great in snow and also great summer vehicle.

Not a good all around vehicle
By Ryan on 01/21/05 20:09 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

The gas mileage is terrible for a 4 cylinder especially if you plan on any form of oversized tires. I had better gas mileage in my 8 cylinder Firebird. This car has absolutely no power, it is terrible on the highway. The suspension is so loose that you feel every single little bump. Do not consider a Jeep unless you are buying it strictly for off-road use.

Soak Up The Sun...
By Keith_M on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

The JEEP Wrangler is a true original. I've just moved on from the one that I bought new in 1996. It now has 82,000 miles and is going to be a third car for a family with a new teenage driver. Overall, I've had no unexpected problems with the vehicle. Great in the snow, Awesome in the summer, but not good for long trips or windy days. Gas mileage is ok. Fun to drive around the neighborhood; would make an excellent second car.