Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Only in a Jeep
By AndersonMichael

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep after driving a Mercury Grand Marquis for several years, at 28 years old i knew it was time to start living some. I saw my future Jeep advertised by standing on top of a rock. Once i figured out how to remove the soft top and doors i was amazed at how fun it was to cruise in the summer with such freedom. The Jeep has been extremely reliable through all harsh conditions. There is a certain toughness that goes along with a Wrangler. I added off-road tires and fog lights. THe 2.5 litre has 125K on it and is still going strong. A Jeep isn't for everyone and the ride is pretty rough, also the soft top makes for a pretty noisy ride however i enjoy it overall.

Favorite Features

1995 was the last year for the YJ design, you won't see anymore instrument panel gauges lighting up in the center of the console (how unique, sad to see the military look gone) and square headlights were replaced with the round. One thing about a jeep is you can customize it with unlimited options

Suggested Improvements

A Jeep is what it is, however i suggest getting another vehicle if you own a Wrangler. It's not feasible to drive on a major highway for very long powered by a 2.5 Ltr 4 cylinder. It's realistic to purchase an affordable, comfortable second ride with a bigger engine to keep up on the highway.

Love my YJ
By johnnap

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I love this jeep. It is easy to work on, a little bumpy but, hey its a jeep. I have no problem going 70mph on the highway at 3000 rpm's. The clutch is smooth. Mpg's aren't bad for a jeep I do have a cold air intake I installed myself in less than 2 hours. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. My girlfriend has an 04 Rubicon. She calls my jeep the girly one but, honestly I like driving the Rio better.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

For me it's none. But remember always check for rust

my first jeep
By Allen Jensrud

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this 95 Jeep wrangler in nov, 2008 because since I was very Young I always said I would own a Jeep. I think the first words out of my moms mouth were "since you where three years old you wonted one" the Jeep I have is the bare bones model s. With the straight 4,2. 5l. No a/c. The only thing I don't like in this Jeep is it is very slow take off. But still get 20 mpg highway with it. ( no hot rodding like my celica!) this vehicle will take you any where. Its a very light Jeep. You will feel the wind move the Jeep in high wind conditions. Other then that all I can tell you is buy one for a second car. It also almost replaced my atv! It will fit almost any where!

Favorite Features

4x4, price on used jeep, big fun factor, childhood dream came true, look of jeep, i always get people to stare

Suggested Improvements

engine performance, wind noise, leaf spring up grade:wear out very soon.

Nothin' like a Jeep
By Ray

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Like most other reviews, I have always wanted a Jeep. Now at 40yrs old and as a toy, I bought one. This little thing is a blast. My army buddies and i get away once a year to go camping and since I got the Jeep, its been great to have all 4 of us pile in and turn up the radio and cruise across the sand dunes or just through town. No mid life crisis here, lol. The Jeep is the simplest thing to work on. Aftermarket parts are avail by the hundreds. I bought it as a toy, but it has turned into my daily driver. I commute 70 miles round trip each day to work, 99% of it is highway and newly paved, and its decent. It was very loud, but a new stereo and speakers fixed the wind noise problem.

Favorite Features

LOVE how simple it is to fix. Soft top and doors pop off in no time. good stock ground clearance. aftermarket parts plentiful.

Suggested Improvements

I had a Cherokee back in 88 with the straight 6. best engine out there i think. I wish this Wrangler had that. the syncros in the trans suck and need replacing, but just more power would be great.

Reliable & Fun Run-about
By jb

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My 1995 Wrangler SE (Sport) is equipped with the bullet-proof 4.0 liter in-line six and 5 speed manual transmission. Options include the Sport Package & AC. This little Jeep has nearly 140,000 miles on it and still looks & runs like new. This old AMC designed YJ Wrangler is not a luxury car - it is a vehicle designed to go off-road as well as on- road. If you purchase one knowing its highway limitations (not a high-speed cruiser or a 40 mpg econo-box), as well as its attributes - great in all weather - summer or winter) you should be very satisfied. Sure they are noisy & rough riding, but they are durable, reliable and a blast to drive. My preference is the YJ.

Favorite Features

Maneuverability. Traction in snow. Easy to park. Fun to drive. Great Styling. Reliable. 4.0 is a fantastic engine. Easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

They got the YJ just right! Love the vent windows, leaf-spring suspension, & styling.