1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Unstoppable
By turbo jeep on 04/19/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned jeeps all my life cj, xj, and now owning the yj for the past 10 years I've racked up 279,786 miles only replacing the transmission due to my ongoing driving thought deep water the transmission had filled with muddy water after driving it for a month the 2 gear synchronizer exploded nothing else has been replaced on the engine is getting a bit noisy but still runs good I am building a new 2.5 L and adding a turbo for bit more power it will probably be really close to 300,000 miles on it by the time I get the engine put together this vehicle has surpassed every thing in its path

Highway and Trail
By SECORBUST on 04/11/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep with 175K on the odometer and a broken transmission. It now has 220k on it. I repaired the trans and drove it until it broke again. The AX-5 is notorious for being weak. I replaced it with an AX- 15 (from a 6cyl) which is much stronger by using a dodge dakota bell housing and a Camaro clutch disk. This transmission should have come in all 4cyl jeeps (it fits like factory). If you are in to offroading and like to work on your rig or will drive it reasonably about town a Rio Grande is the jeep for you. Jeep nuts always change the driveline, so it really doesn't really matter what you start with.

Love my Jeep!
By azmouse on 02/26/08 07:04 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Wanted a Jeep forever, got it for a second vehicle & mid-life crisis car. Put a new engine in it right after purchase so as not to worry about previous care (had 67000 miles on it, we've added close to that), this baby has been good to us! Nothing like taking that top off in the spring and waving to other Jeeps. Have an 8" lift on it, very bouncy and loud (soft top, hard doors & windows) but heater cooks us in winter. Not very powerful (tough to get over 65 MPH on freeway) but not built for freeway driving anyway! I almost bought another for every day but they're a bit small inside so one will have to do. I will always own at least one Jeep from now on!

Time To Say Goodbye
By GoPhillies on 01/27/08 14:39 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

The first car I ever bought. I didn't imagine it would last me 11 years. It was a great Jeep. I'm trading it in this spring for a "civilians" car. Its been unbelievably reliable. For 10 yrs. I only had to replace the alternator. It has 140,000 mi. Things went south this summer. Major oil leak, brakes locked up, new radiator, new starter, new clutch cylinder, coolant leaks, etc. Very safe, not real comfortable or easy to use when trying to put childern and toddlers in back car seats. Great ride in the spring and fall with top down. I still love the plugs in floor to let water out when getting caught in rain. Bad mpg, but its a jeep. My dog loves it too. Good bye old friend. You'll be missed.

I LOVE IT
By BOSSOX9 on 07/20/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I have wanted a jeep from the time I started to drive. Now at age 37 I finally have one. I love it (and so do my 9 and 5 year old sons). I knew going in to it that the ride will be ruff and bumpy. Hey it is a Jeep and you have to expect it, if you expect a nice smooth ride do not get a Jeep. I have the Rio Grande, it is all stock. The MPG is good for the inline four. It is a great all around Jeep. I use it as a daily driver and always in the desert on the weekends (live in Phoenix). I wish I had a Jeep years ago. I plan to keep it for many more years.

Very Fun!
By Jaryd on 04/19/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm 17 and I was so lucky to get a Jeep Wrangler for my first car. They are so much fun to drive and one of the most versitile vehicles on the road. If it's hot, just pop off the top and doors, and if its cold, Jeep heaters are second to none, it will fry you. But overall I wouldn't trade it for anything else. All my friends think it's the coolest car. One reason is because of the sweet 33 by 30 inch tires I put on it with alloy rims. This SUV rocks!

Only In A Jeep
By sticky note on 01/27/07 15:23 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This Jeep is an absolutely amazing vehicle. In the year and a half I have owned it, it has been through so much and has gotten me home every time. The off-road capabilities are astounding, reliability is top notch when taken care of, and the fun factor is absolutely through the roof! It is a truly go-anywhere, do-anything vehicle unlike most of these modern SUVs and Hummers that can't drive over a pebble let alone a real off-road trail. Oh, and the square headlights rock!

It's a Jeep what do you Expect
By JEEP! OH YEAH! on 10/20/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep. Easy to work on; all you really need is a basic socket set. My first motor had 269,000 miles and probably would have gone longer had I paid attention to the plastic clamp at the top of the throttle body (broke and was taking in lot of dirt). Had the motor, transmission, & transfer case out, in and running a weekend. There’s a lot to be said for simplicity - I love it. What other car can you power wash the inside, it you want luxury, soft ride…go buy a car

Quite Satisfied
By 71charger_fan on 04/12/06 12:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Jeep from a young lady who took almost no care of it and it still ran great after changing the fluids and tuning it up. It's not the vehicle for a long commute and the top can be tedious to put up but it's a great deal of fun and you can't beat the way these things hold their value. Very rugged and very easy to work on. The short wheelbase is a detriment to a smooth highway ride but makes for almost unbelievable maneuverability. I couldn't afford a TJ but this has served me very well.

Quality, Fun, & Excellent Driving Machine
By Travis on 03/19/06 11:48 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

Great fun in the summer time when you can take the doors and roof off. Excellent 4wd capabilities enable you to have fun in the winter or take off road excursions without the worries. Great part availability. Excellent, fun, and quality for the first time drivers to the older, mature persons.