Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Best vehicle I ever bought
By Sean

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand new in 1994 (1995 model) I drove it for 13 years then gave it to my son when he turned 16. He put a lift kit on it and went off roading. He beat the crap out of it. I got it back beat. My Dad is rebuilding the engine for me. it was running on 3 of of the 4 cylinders and still running. Cannot kill it! I can't wait to get it back and drive it again.

Favorite Features

Nothing like driving with the top down and Chuck Berry cranking on the radio.

Suggested Improvements

The hinges on the door that holds the spare tire need to be stronger. The plastic connectors on the windshield that the canvass top hooks to tend to break. All are replaceable.

The King
By Hogarth

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

My wife bought this as her first car brand new and we've never had a problem with it. We've only put slightly over 66K miles on it in that time and though it struggles to climb Teton Pass it's taken us everywhere we wanted to go. Can't beat the toughness and the economy it delivers. Totally enjoy driving this guy all around town as it turns on a dime, you can park it in the smallest of places and it's high enough off the ground you can see around most cars and trucks.

Favorite Features

Maneuverability. Visibility. Economy. Reliability. Living up to it's reputation. Character. A stand out vehicle. Easy to work on. Easy to find parts no matter what it is. You can feel the road (like a good sportscar).

Suggested Improvements

Can't see anyway to improve on the noise reduction from the wind without sacrificing the true feel of the vehicle. It wasn't meant to be a luxury car, like it has become. You were suppose to be able to feel the road. That's the love affair of this car. It's connected.

14yrs and counting
By 14yrs and counting

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This was my dream car when I was 19. Now I'm 33 with a kid, but I still have it since its paid for and runs well. Have driven this from WI to the beaches in Oregon, Key West, New Orleans and out to Baltimore. I promised my nephew when he was two he could have the car when he turned 16. He's eight now, but has decided he would like a car that stays dry and is quiet. I would simply like cup holders, but that's why I unplug the drains and rinse out the car. I disliked the car while I went through a bad spell of mechanics, but I have Nick to fix it now. When my three year old is able he can fix my car for me!! I didn't think it was possible to have one car my whole life.

Favorite Features

It will always come clean with the water hose. I can actually see all around the engine when the mechanics are talking to me. My mechanic, Nick, thinks this is a really awesome car. Its all original parts and things are starting to go, but Nick doesn't make me feel like I'm secretly buying a car.

Suggested Improvements

I would love cup holders and easy to fix speakers (I'm down to one, but its on my side of the car!!) I would also like fair mechanics at Chrysler. $600 to say my car is old with original parts...duh!! I know that. To be fair, they reluctantly gave me my money back when the car died the next day.

You can't kill it!!!!
By E Jeep man

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am 17 and before my jeep I had a 1990 Ford Ranger that CONSTANTLY needed fixing, but wen it finally blew up i was rewarded with a jeep. This thing is so reliable, durable, and fun. It has over 170,000 miles on it, and had 160,000+ when we bought it. The previous owner worked at a boyscout camp and used this Jeep to navigate the incredibly rough roads every day. However this ol' Jeep remains tough, and great for offroading. It ain't a power house with the 4 cyl. so not great for highway, and is really bumpy and noisy, but hey, its a Jeep. I only had to replace the starter because I took it mudding and got some water in the engine, haha

Favorite Features

The durability of that little four cylinder. I got it stuck in a mud hole and after shutting off twice in water OVER the hood, a death sentence to any other vehicle, it restarted TWICE! Only the starter couldn't take it lol. plus the intense heater and fun rag top.

Suggested Improvements

Umm, maybe a tad smoother suspension and sum more power for that lil 4 cyl.

Love my Jeep and will never sell it !
By Darren

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this Jeep for 3 years now. I bought it and have not looked back. It has been super reliable. Other than routine maintenance it has not failed us . It is soooooo fun to drive and the 4 cyl gets great mileage. I do not keep vehicles for long but this baby will be with me forever ! It is the RIO GRANDE model.

Favorite Features

The zippy engine, bouncy ride (I love it). Classic looks and SO easy to work on (maintenance).

Suggested Improvements

Do Not Change It ! Perfect !