Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

1995 YJ Wrangler
By yjnightrider95

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very Reliable. Bought it with 105k miles 6 months ago. Now has 120,000 miles and the only replacements I've made is the radiator, motor mounts, and drive shaft yolk. I drive this vehicle hard. Only typical problem I have that any older vehicle has is that in extreme hot weather idling and geared down it tends to run a little hot. the longest I've drove it straight is 5 hours on 1 tank of gas.

Favorite Features

Has very hot heater. It gets great gas. love it

Suggested Improvements

33" tires is all you need. bushwacker fender flairs. rino liner floor, weatherproofed seats.

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande - Great
By fooyatz

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande Edition back in 1995 on time for the 1996 Blizzard. Until today, I still own the same Jeep and with 325,000 miles on it, it was definitely reliable. Original parts since day except for the shocks and brakes. I cant tell you how much fun this Jeep is.

Favorite Features

4X4 on the fly is the best option on this Jeep. Although, it was only 4 cylinder, justice was served in every way.

Suggested Improvements

I do not know any improve for this year model jeep except the bouncy ride but then again it is not a wrangler if they did not have that feature.

My second Wrangler
By wingman67

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This is our 8th Jeep and my second 1995 Wrangler. I bought my first 1995 Wrangler S in 1997 and drove it absolutely everywhere including out of state trips. I wanted another one and knew I wanted the same type....old school leaf springs and ruggedness that vanished after the 95 model year. Now I have a 95 Rio Grande model. Rides exactly like my first one......kidney pounding rough and exactly what a Jeep Wrangler is about. Has about 133,000 on the clock and gets about 19 mpg if I'm easy on it. This is my daily driver even in coldest of winter. The soft top and soft upper doors are no problem with that strong heater. Love this thing as much as I did my first one and I'd recommend to anyone!

Favorite Features

Love the leaf spring suspension, durability, mileage, just a joy and a blast to drive.

Great vehicle for all seasons and all reasons
By brunobravo

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and put 180K miles on it. Had it for 10 years. Had one repair on it. Hairline crack on exhaust manifold. Replaced it with a header for $140.00 + $60.00 to install. That was the only repair other than brakes, battery & tires. This Jeep never let me down and very dependable.

Favorite Features

4WD system very nice. You can do some super climbing in the super lower gears. Soft top nice but prefer the hardtop.

Suggested Improvements

Had to replace the soft top with Best Top brand. Cost $300.00. Put some Les Schwab all terrain tires on there that lasted 54K miles. Dogs love this jeep.

my yippi
By ashmanart

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 95 wrangler rio grande edition 4x4 soft top. it has air conditioning, a warn winch and a new top. Only 41000 miles on it. it was babied - the last owner (I'm the 3rd) took good care of it as did the original owner. I had a 59 CJ and a 51 Willys Overland. I love this car. I bought it for myself for my 65th birthday and it's my daily driver for a 13 mile commute. This 4 cylinder is an upgrade of the flathead "hurricane" engine and has twice the horsepower. Cruise at 75 making 3200 RPM. What could be better. I'm keeping this baby!

Favorite Features

torque is amazing. shifts easily and the transfer case is easy to use. no locking hubs, but I didnt really want to go out in the snow and ice and deal with that anyway. The underdash (factory) air is cold - too cold! which is how you want it. sounds good, runs good and feels right. Love this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

it would be great if the top and windows could come off a bit easier and it could really use a center mounted hand-brake. Especially on hills. the gm style step-on emergency brake just doesnt cut it.