1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
1995 YJ Wrangler
By yjnightrider95 on 08/25/14 08:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very Reliable. Bought it with 105k miles 6 months ago. Now has 120,000 miles and the only replacements I've made is the radiator, motor mounts, and drive shaft yolk. I drive this vehicle hard. Only typical problem I have that any older vehicle has is that in extreme hot weather idling and geared down it tends to run a little hot. the longest I've drove it straight is 5 hours on 1 tank of gas.

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande - Great
By fooyatz on 02/28/14 13:43 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande Edition back in 1995 on time for the 1996 Blizzard. Until today, I still own the same Jeep and with 325,000 miles on it, it was definitely reliable. Original parts since day except for the shocks and brakes. I cant tell you how much fun this Jeep is.

My second Wrangler
By wingman67 on 01/22/14 17:34 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This is our 8th Jeep and my second 1995 Wrangler. I bought my first 1995 Wrangler S in 1997 and drove it absolutely everywhere including out of state trips. I wanted another one and knew I wanted the same type....old school leaf springs and ruggedness that vanished after the 95 model year. Now I have a 95 Rio Grande model. Rides exactly like my first one......kidney pounding rough and exactly what a Jeep Wrangler is about. Has about 133,000 on the clock and gets about 19 mpg if I'm easy on it. This is my daily driver even in coldest of winter. The soft top and soft upper doors are no problem with that strong heater. Love this thing as much as I did my first one and I'd recommend to anyone!

Great vehicle for all seasons and all reasons
By brunobravo on 01/19/14 11:11 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and put 180K miles on it. Had it for 10 years. Had one repair on it. Hairline crack on exhaust manifold. Replaced it with a header for $140.00 + $60.00 to install. That was the only repair other than brakes, battery & tires. This Jeep never let me down and very dependable.

my yippi
By ashmanart on 04/06/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 95 wrangler rio grande edition 4x4 soft top. it has air conditioning, a warn winch and a new top. Only 41000 miles on it. it was babied - the last owner (I'm the 3rd) took good care of it as did the original owner. I had a 59 CJ and a 51 Willys Overland. I love this car. I bought it for myself for my 65th birthday and it's my daily driver for a 13 mile commute. This 4 cylinder is an upgrade of the flathead "hurricane" engine and has twice the horsepower. Cruise at 75 making 3200 RPM. What could be better. I'm keeping this baby!

!995 Jeep wrangler rio grande
By adamlang05 on 10/03/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

It was my first vehicle im 18 and have a 1995 wrangler rio grande with 174k miles and still running strong. put a 4 1/2 in lift on all spring no body. and some 33in extra wide tires. im stuck on jeeps thing will go anywere i live in alaska and that thing will start up at -15 easy. easy to work on had to do a few things but not alot. put a new starter, steering box, clutch, and exaust manifold. and transmission just now starting to go out dont have 5 th gear but new transmission on its way as we speak. could ask for a better vehicle.

Love this Jeep!
By tapgypsy on 01/20/11 06:47 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought it used 8 years ago for our then 16-year-old son. He drove it until he went to college and now my husband uses it as his daily vehicle. Loves it! Not all that pretty to look at now, but he wouldn't give it up.

Don't ever let go!
By harold on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

I got to keep a jeep when I left the army after hitch#2. My wife had me trade it for a Cadillac when we had another child. I was miserable. I finally got another and will never let it go! my jeep will go ANYWHERE, especially after I mounted a snorkel. Such a blast to drive. Do not get one after 95 as they are not as durable. You don't even have to remove the engine to rebuild it! easy to tinker with like an old car! The most durable vehicle you will ever own!

Better than the new ones
By goofyfoot on 06/27/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

Previously had a 2001, this one rides a little rougher, but the simplicity and better mileage make it much better in almost every other regard. And so inexpensive to purchase as well. I hope to keep driving it for a long time since you can't get a car like this anymore.

Well-Loved Jeep
By LW on 06/18/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

My 95 Rio Grande is my first car and I can't see myself ever driving anything but a Jeep. This Jeep has 171k miles and is still going strong. We had to replace the fuel pump around 168k and patch up a few rust spots, but this Jeep is well-loved. Great in the sun and snow too!