Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

1995 YJ Wrangler
By yjnightrider95

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very Reliable. Bought it with 105k miles 6 months ago. Now has 120,000 miles and the only replacements I've made is the radiator, motor mounts, and drive shaft yolk. I drive this vehicle hard. Only typical problem I have that any older vehicle has is that in extreme hot weather idling and geared down it tends to run a little hot. the longest I've drove it straight is 5 hours on 1 tank of gas.

Has very hot heater. It gets great gas. love it

33" tires is all you need. bushwacker fender flairs. rino liner floor, weatherproofed seats.

Great vehicle for all seasons and all reasons
By brunobravo

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and put 180K miles on it. Had it for 10 years. Had one repair on it. Hairline crack on exhaust manifold. Replaced it with a header for $140.00 + $60.00 to install. That was the only repair other than brakes, battery & tires. This Jeep never let me down and very dependable.

4WD system very nice. You can do some super climbing in the super lower gears. Soft top nice but prefer the hardtop.

Had to replace the soft top with Best Top brand. Cost $300.00. Put some Les Schwab all terrain tires on there that lasted 54K miles. Dogs love this jeep.

Reliable & Fun Run-about
By jb

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My 1995 Wrangler SE (Sport) is equipped with the bullet-proof 4.0 liter in-line six and 5 speed manual transmission. Options include the Sport Package & AC. This little Jeep has nearly 140,000 miles on it and still looks & runs like new. This old AMC designed YJ Wrangler is not a luxury car - it is a vehicle designed to go off-road as well as on- road. If you purchase one knowing its highway limitations (not a high-speed cruiser or a 40 mpg econo-box), as well as its attributes - great in all weather - summer or winter) you should be very satisfied. Sure they are noisy & rough riding, but they are durable, reliable and a blast to drive. My preference is the YJ.

Maneuverability. Traction in snow. Easy to park. Fun to drive. Great Styling. Reliable. 4.0 is a fantastic engine. Easy to work on.

They got the YJ just right! Love the vent windows, leaf-spring suspension, & styling.

Love my Jeep!
By azmouse

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Wanted a Jeep forever, got it for a second vehicle & mid-life crisis car. Put a new engine in it right after purchase so as not to worry about previous care (had 67000 miles on it, we've added close to that), this baby has been good to us! Nothing like taking that top off in the spring and waving to other Jeeps. Have an 8" lift on it, very bouncy and loud (soft top, hard doors & windows) but heater cooks us in winter. Not very powerful (tough to get over 65 MPH on freeway) but not built for freeway driving anyway! I almost bought another for every day but they're a bit small inside so one will have to do. I will always own at least one Jeep from now on!

Driving with the top off or all windows off on a beautiful day, able to wash inside & out in the driveway, great in snow, even better in mud & on hills. Just plain fun to drive!

Side mirror connections rust easily. Can't move the driver's seat to get to the back seat. 4-cylinder doesn't have the best power, but that's not what it's built for! No hookups for car seat for grandson to ride with us.

Very Fun!
By Jaryd

1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm 17 and I was so lucky to get a Jeep Wrangler for my first car. They are so much fun to drive and one of the most versitile vehicles on the road. If it's hot, just pop off the top and doors, and if its cold, Jeep heaters are second to none, it will fry you. But overall I wouldn't trade it for anything else. All my friends think it's the coolest car. One reason is because of the sweet 33 by 30 inch tires I put on it with alloy rims. This SUV rocks!

I love the 4-wheel drive aspect. You feel like you can get through anything that comes your way. Also the handling. It's so much fun to drive, because the steering is tight and very responsive!