1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Don't ever let go!
By harold on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I got to keep a jeep when I left the army after hitch#2. My wife had me trade it for a Cadillac when we had another child. I was miserable. I finally got another and will never let it go! my jeep will go ANYWHERE, especially after I mounted a snorkel. Such a blast to drive. Do not get one after 95 as they are not as durable. You don't even have to remove the engine to rebuild it! easy to tinker with like an old car! The most durable vehicle you will ever own!

Better than the new ones
By goofyfoot on 06/27/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Previously had a 2001, this one rides a little rougher, but the simplicity and better mileage make it much better in almost every other regard. And so inexpensive to purchase as well. I hope to keep driving it for a long time since you can't get a car like this anymore.

Best vehicle I ever bought
By Sean on 05/05/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand new in 1994 (1995 model) I drove it for 13 years then gave it to my son when he turned 16. He put a lift kit on it and went off roading. He beat the crap out of it. I got it back beat. My Dad is rebuilding the engine for me. it was running on 3 of of the 4 cylinders and still running. Cannot kill it! I can't wait to get it back and drive it again.

The King
By Hogarth on 03/04/10 23:18 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

My wife bought this as her first car brand new and we've never had a problem with it. We've only put slightly over 66K miles on it in that time and though it struggles to climb Teton Pass it's taken us everywhere we wanted to go. Can't beat the toughness and the economy it delivers. Totally enjoy driving this guy all around town as it turns on a dime, you can park it in the smallest of places and it's high enough off the ground you can see around most cars and trucks.

You can't kill it!!!!
By E Jeep man on 07/29/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am 17 and before my jeep I had a 1990 Ford Ranger that CONSTANTLY needed fixing, but wen it finally blew up i was rewarded with a jeep. This thing is so reliable, durable, and fun. It has over 170,000 miles on it, and had 160,000+ when we bought it. The previous owner worked at a boyscout camp and used this Jeep to navigate the incredibly rough roads every day. However this ol' Jeep remains tough, and great for offroading. It ain't a power house with the 4 cyl. so not great for highway, and is really bumpy and noisy, but hey, its a Jeep. I only had to replace the starter because I took it mudding and got some water in the engine, haha

my first jeep
By Allen Jensrud on 11/13/08 22:33 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this 95 Jeep wrangler in nov, 2008 because since I was very Young I always said I would own a Jeep. I think the first words out of my moms mouth were "since you where three years old you wonted one" the Jeep I have is the bare bones model s. With the straight 4,2. 5l. No a/c. The only thing I don't like in this Jeep is it is very slow take off. But still get 20 mpg highway with it. ( no hot rodding like my celica!) this vehicle will take you any where. Its a very light Jeep. You will feel the wind move the Jeep in high wind conditions. Other then that all I can tell you is buy one for a second car. It also almost replaced my atv! It will fit almost any where!

Nothin' like a Jeep
By Ray on 11/07/08 21:04 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Like most other reviews, I have always wanted a Jeep. Now at 40yrs old and as a toy, I bought one. This little thing is a blast. My army buddies and i get away once a year to go camping and since I got the Jeep, its been great to have all 4 of us pile in and turn up the radio and cruise across the sand dunes or just through town. No mid life crisis here, lol. The Jeep is the simplest thing to work on. Aftermarket parts are avail by the hundreds. I bought it as a toy, but it has turned into my daily driver. I commute 70 miles round trip each day to work, 99% of it is highway and newly paved, and its decent. It was very loud, but a new stereo and speakers fixed the wind noise problem.

Reliable and tons of fun!
By Dave on 07/23/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Our Wrangler has 95,000 miles on it, has been driven both on- and off-road in fair and foul weather and is still our favorite of three vehicles to drive. I've used it for several years to shuttle medical personnel to local hospitals during weather emergencies and never had a problem (add a few bags of concrete or other weight). The exhaust has rusted through twice but other than that, not much negative to mention. Not the best vehicle for a long drive on the highway, but just pure fun on two or three-hour drives or for trips to the beach with the top down.

Great purchase
By nosolman on 12/23/05 14:57 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with the right mindset: a second vehicle, to enjoy off road and around town with my son. I've enjoyed every minute in my Jeep. Simple to maintain, reliable, and cheap to operate. Highway travel is kept to a minimum, due to road noise and bikini top. Other than that, this vehicle is a joy. Four cylinder is slow off the line, but more than adequate for casual driving and off pavement fun. Gas mileage is reasonable considering gearing (4.10's, stock) and boxy body style. If you're seeking a cheap, around town vehicle, or a great little convertible, it's hard to beat an older body style Jeep. And they're darn near impossible to stop off road.

Happy Owner
By greekslt on 11/21/05 03:32 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am owner #2 of a '95 Jeep YJ S, which I bought in 1997. I have used this Jeep in many occupational applications including hauling a light duty trailer for up to 12 hours straight. This Jeep has held up to a remarkable amount of punishment and continues to prove its reliability & ability, & even its safety. I have been in 2 very dangerous accidents (75mph roll-over & T-boned by a 60mph runaway truck) in this Jeep with no injury and astonishingly minimal damage to the vehicle. Mine has over 177K miles and is still going strong. Other than routine maintenance, only repairs have been a replaced alternator, clutch, & steering gear. It looks/works great year-round, & is a blast to drive. Go Jeep.