Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Don't ever let go!
By harold

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I got to keep a jeep when I left the army after hitch#2. My wife had me trade it for a Cadillac when we had another child. I was miserable. I finally got another and will never let it go! my jeep will go ANYWHERE, especially after I mounted a snorkel. Such a blast to drive. Do not get one after 95 as they are not as durable. You don't even have to remove the engine to rebuild it! easy to tinker with like an old car! The most durable vehicle you will ever own!

Better than the new ones
By goofyfoot

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Previously had a 2001, this one rides a little rougher, but the simplicity and better mileage make it much better in almost every other regard. And so inexpensive to purchase as well. I hope to keep driving it for a long time since you can't get a car like this anymore.

Favorite Features

simplicity, durability. bare bones beach cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

most have been done, to the detriment of the simplicity, weight, and expense.

Best vehicle I ever bought
By Sean

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand new in 1994 (1995 model) I drove it for 13 years then gave it to my son when he turned 16. He put a lift kit on it and went off roading. He beat the crap out of it. I got it back beat. My Dad is rebuilding the engine for me. it was running on 3 of of the 4 cylinders and still running. Cannot kill it! I can't wait to get it back and drive it again.

Favorite Features

Nothing like driving with the top down and Chuck Berry cranking on the radio.

Suggested Improvements

The hinges on the door that holds the spare tire need to be stronger. The plastic connectors on the windshield that the canvass top hooks to tend to break. All are replaceable.

The King
By Hogarth

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

My wife bought this as her first car brand new and we've never had a problem with it. We've only put slightly over 66K miles on it in that time and though it struggles to climb Teton Pass it's taken us everywhere we wanted to go. Can't beat the toughness and the economy it delivers. Totally enjoy driving this guy all around town as it turns on a dime, you can park it in the smallest of places and it's high enough off the ground you can see around most cars and trucks.

Favorite Features

Maneuverability. Visibility. Economy. Reliability. Living up to it's reputation. Character. A stand out vehicle. Easy to work on. Easy to find parts no matter what it is. You can feel the road (like a good sportscar).

Suggested Improvements

Can't see anyway to improve on the noise reduction from the wind without sacrificing the true feel of the vehicle. It wasn't meant to be a luxury car, like it has become. You were suppose to be able to feel the road. That's the love affair of this car. It's connected.

You can't kill it!!!!
By E Jeep man

1995 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am 17 and before my jeep I had a 1990 Ford Ranger that CONSTANTLY needed fixing, but wen it finally blew up i was rewarded with a jeep. This thing is so reliable, durable, and fun. It has over 170,000 miles on it, and had 160,000+ when we bought it. The previous owner worked at a boyscout camp and used this Jeep to navigate the incredibly rough roads every day. However this ol' Jeep remains tough, and great for offroading. It ain't a power house with the 4 cyl. so not great for highway, and is really bumpy and noisy, but hey, its a Jeep. I only had to replace the starter because I took it mudding and got some water in the engine, haha

Favorite Features

The durability of that little four cylinder. I got it stuck in a mud hole and after shutting off twice in water OVER the hood, a death sentence to any other vehicle, it restarted TWICE! Only the starter couldn't take it lol. plus the intense heater and fun rag top.

Suggested Improvements

Umm, maybe a tad smoother suspension and sum more power for that lil 4 cyl.