1994 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Still runs like a champ!

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Still runs like a champ!
By RedRagtopYJ on

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand spank'n new. I wanted it so bad, when the dealership called me to say my order was in, I made my girlfriend take me up there to look at it all wrapped up! The Jeep Wrangler/CJ is the only vehicle that makes me get excited like some silly kid. I've done some off-roading, but nothing extreme. I've NEVER been stuck off-road, nor in the snow. It's been a pleasure to drive daily for the past 13 years. It's not perfect, by any means, but something I've cherished. Getting almost 170,000 miles on it now, the 4.0 inline 6 is tickidy, but keeps on going. From talking to others, this engine is good for 250,000 or better. And you thought only Hondas got that kinda life.

Convertible, 4WD, what's not to love? I love the ruggedness of it. It's crude in some ways, and definitely noisy, but full of charm. The big grey splash stripe down the sides was way cool in 1993, but definitely outdated in 2006.

The interior could have worn a little better, and the soft top has pulled out the windshield channel three times - first the screws pulled out, then rivets, now HUGE rivets. Gas mileage is horrible. You could buy a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup with a big V8 and have the same gas mileage.