1994 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: She sure was a good ship

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

She sure was a good ship
By A great ride on

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Always wanted a Wrangler, and I got one in 1996! Had it for 14 years. She was the Millenium Falcon to my Han Solo. Sure there were problems. All cars have them, but my love for the car outweighed any daily annoyance. It's the kind of vehicle you either love or hate. What I liked: Tight turn radius, no bells or whistles (I'm old school that way), , various top/no top options. Didn't like that you felt every bump in the road. Mechanically it didn't really give me too much trouble til the last several years. I didn't miss a day of work for car trouble. Met its untimely end early 2010 when it flipped on its side on an icy highway. Green w/ tan hardtop.

Removable top and doors for various open-air styles. Easy to work on. All kinds of after-market products available. Reliable and sturdy. A great ride!

Only thing I would try to improve is gas mileage. I averaged 300 miles per tank a week in warm weather. They'll always be noisy. Nothing in easy reach -- you have to plan ahead to change the radio station. And I wish they left the outside alone. I don't really like the 97 and up body styles.