Used 1994 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1994 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Love this Jeep
By FiremanLuke

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

We just bought this Jeep this month and have had so much fun already! It already had the nice add-ons like a suspension lift, 33" mud tires, rear luggage rack, swing-out rear gate, spare fuel cans, custom bumpers, grille guard, air-locker 4X4 and a 6 CD changer! It has only 70,600 miles on it and we look forward to many years of fun from this car.

Favorite Features

All the add-ons! 4X4 is a must and it is a beast.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. It is perfect for us

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE Sport, Manual
By newyorkgiants76

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Jeep Jan of 2000 had 44K, and now has 146K still fun to drive and still turns heads. Although gas sucks, 17mpg highway, I would recommend it as a second vehicle for fun. Overall it has been a reliable vehicle. But now I'm ready to get sometime for the highway.

Favorite Features

I bought a target top which is easy to remove.

Suggested Improvements

GAS and rear UV Joint breaks often so you should check it once a month.

These are a dying breed...
By Mike

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

As I write this the 4.0L 6cyl has been retired and the new Wranglers now have a minivan motor.(sad day) As you can tell from the first sentence I love the old 4.0/6cyl. The 4.0 and 5spd manual is the most desirable stock engine/tranny combo if you are shopping for a Wrangler YJ from 91- 95. This is a reliable vehicle now with 133,000 on the clock all I have done is replaced a rusted/leak radiator and water pump. Jeeps do perform best with regular preventitive maintence. (plugs, wires, oil-changes in engine, diffs, transfer case & axles) The ride is rough which should be expected and learn to love it. If ride quality is your concern I would recommend going straight to a TJ (97- 06)or new JK

Favorite Features

The option of unstoppable 4wd in the winter/off road and being Topless in the spring,summer & fall; Good heater; Durable and easy to clean interior; Simple dash layout; Small size makes turning around in the woods easy; 4.0L - 5spd AX15 transmission; Square headlights ;)

Suggested Improvements

Frame and body can be prone to bad rust problems in salt belt states. Pull up the carpet and look at the floor on driver/passenger sides and around roll bars if thinking about purchasing. Check frame for rust as well. Poke around frame with a screwdriver to check for rotting due to rust;

Still runs like a champ!
By RedRagtopYJ

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand spank'n new. I wanted it so bad, when the dealership called me to say my order was in, I made my girlfriend take me up there to look at it all wrapped up! The Jeep Wrangler/CJ is the only vehicle that makes me get excited like some silly kid. I've done some off-roading, but nothing extreme. I've NEVER been stuck off-road, nor in the snow. It's been a pleasure to drive daily for the past 13 years. It's not perfect, by any means, but something I've cherished. Getting almost 170,000 miles on it now, the 4.0 inline 6 is tickidy, but keeps on going. From talking to others, this engine is good for 250,000 or better. And you thought only Hondas got that kinda life.

Favorite Features

Convertible, 4WD, what's not to love? I love the ruggedness of it. It's crude in some ways, and definitely noisy, but full of charm. The big grey splash stripe down the sides was way cool in 1993, but definitely outdated in 2006.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could have worn a little better, and the soft top has pulled out the windshield channel three times - first the screws pulled out, then rivets, now HUGE rivets. Gas mileage is horrible. You could buy a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup with a big V8 and have the same gas mileage.

'94 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in NYC
By viperstyle007

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Jeep since day 1, reliable tough rugged vehicle. This year's Wrangler is probably the best of all time, with modern styling and heavy duty construction. Never a major problem, not even a flat tire. I give it regular maintenance and it keeps on going. Now that the Jeep is 11 years old, it is equipped with every high-end accessory known to man for this Jeep, except the stock engine & transmission. It now sits equipped with and Old Man Emu Suspension, and all the ARB equipment from bull bar to lockers. When it snows is when we have most fun! NYC potholes, I laugh and spit at! The only other vehicle I would switch to is a Rubicon. A new beginning!

Favorite Features

Tough, 4WD strong, great engine & transmission!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe all Jeep Wranglers should have been made with the Renegade body.