1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I Love My Wrangler
By tmgj on 08/16/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have my Wrangler as a toy, not a daily driver but whenever the weather is nice, it's my daily driver. The 4 cylinder gets around great in town, slow on the highway but it wasn't made for highway. I have a Rampage bowless soft top that's really nice. A 90's jeep is cheaper than a new 4 wheeler and a lot more fun! Aftermarket parts and modifications are never ending, you can do anything you want to a jeep(if you have the money).

you will be missed, my old friend
By jgrann75 on 01/28/13 22:27 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

this jeep was my first car, and here is my testament to it. i barrel rolled this jeep going 50mph down the highway about 6 months after i got it. the accident was my fault, and i drove it home the next day. a little at home body work, along with new doors, new windshield and new hardtop from the junkyard (cost $1500), and it was like new. exaust was as loud as a tank, and acceleration was not that great. there were lots of little repairs here and there, but what else could you expect form a car that old. it will be sorely missed, as i am selling it to the junkyard tomorrow. im only ditching it due to back left leaf spring coming unattached and grinding into gas tank. extremly fun, i loved it

Favorite vehicle of all time
By Carolina Jeeper on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep was a 40th birthday present to myself. It's a great vehicle. My favorite of all time. Has been reliable, is rugged, and there is no shortage of ways to upgrade and make it better.

She sure was a good ship
By A great ride on 01/17/10 14:06 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Always wanted a Wrangler, and I got one in 1996! Had it for 14 years. She was the Millenium Falcon to my Han Solo. Sure there were problems. All cars have them, but my love for the car outweighed any daily annoyance. It's the kind of vehicle you either love or hate. What I liked: Tight turn radius, no bells or whistles (I'm old school that way), , various top/no top options. Didn't like that you felt every bump in the road. Mechanically it didn't really give me too much trouble til the last several years. I didn't miss a day of work for car trouble. Met its untimely end early 2010 when it flipped on its side on an icy highway. Green w/ tan hardtop.

Nail in the coffin of American cars
By BajaMan on 07/08/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV S 2dr SUV 4WD

One of the worst vehicles I have ever owned. Gas mileage was terrible, 15 mpg. Acceleration was terrible. Wind and road noise terrible. Build quality terrible. Reliability terrible. Top took forever to install (like 15 minutes). Had lots of problems with exhaust system. Owned it nine years. Developed an intermittent starting problem. So I finally decided to unload it.

Love this Jeep
By FiremanLuke on 03/31/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

We just bought this Jeep this month and have had so much fun already! It already had the nice add-ons like a suspension lift, 33" mud tires, rear luggage rack, swing-out rear gate, spare fuel cans, custom bumpers, grille guard, air-locker 4X4 and a 6 CD changer! It has only 70,600 miles on it and we look forward to many years of fun from this car.

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE Sport, Manual
By newyorkgiants76 on 02/16/09 16:58 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Jeep Jan of 2000 had 44K, and now has 146K still fun to drive and still turns heads. Although gas sucks, 17mpg highway, I would recommend it as a second vehicle for fun. Overall it has been a reliable vehicle. But now I'm ready to get sometime for the highway.

These are a dying breed...
By Mike on 01/04/08 08:48 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

As I write this the 4.0L 6cyl has been retired and the new Wranglers now have a minivan motor.(sad day) As you can tell from the first sentence I love the old 4.0/6cyl. The 4.0 and 5spd manual is the most desirable stock engine/tranny combo if you are shopping for a Wrangler YJ from 91- 95. This is a reliable vehicle now with 133,000 on the clock all I have done is replaced a rusted/leak radiator and water pump. Jeeps do perform best with regular preventitive maintence. (plugs, wires, oil-changes in engine, diffs, transfer case & axles) The ride is rough which should be expected and learn to love it. If ride quality is your concern I would recommend going straight to a TJ (97- 06)or new JK

Still runs like a champ!
By RedRagtopYJ on 02/15/06 20:44 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand spank'n new. I wanted it so bad, when the dealership called me to say my order was in, I made my girlfriend take me up there to look at it all wrapped up! The Jeep Wrangler/CJ is the only vehicle that makes me get excited like some silly kid. I've done some off-roading, but nothing extreme. I've NEVER been stuck off-road, nor in the snow. It's been a pleasure to drive daily for the past 13 years. It's not perfect, by any means, but something I've cherished. Getting almost 170,000 miles on it now, the 4.0 inline 6 is tickidy, but keeps on going. From talking to others, this engine is good for 250,000 or better. And you thought only Hondas got that kinda life.

'94 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in NYC
By viperstyle007 on 07/15/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Jeep since day 1, reliable tough rugged vehicle. This year's Wrangler is probably the best of all time, with modern styling and heavy duty construction. Never a major problem, not even a flat tire. I give it regular maintenance and it keeps on going. Now that the Jeep is 11 years old, it is equipped with every high-end accessory known to man for this Jeep, except the stock engine & transmission. It now sits equipped with and Old Man Emu Suspension, and all the ARB equipment from bull bar to lockers. When it snows is when we have most fun! NYC potholes, I laugh and spit at! The only other vehicle I would switch to is a Rubicon. A new beginning!