Used 1994 Jeep Wrangler SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Most Helpful|
Love this Jeep
By FiremanLuke

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

We just bought this Jeep this month and have had so much fun already! It already had the nice add-ons like a suspension lift, 33" mud tires, rear luggage rack, swing-out rear gate, spare fuel cans, custom bumpers, grille guard, air-locker 4X4 and a 6 CD changer! It has only 70,600 miles on it and we look forward to many years of fun from this car.

Favorite Features

All the add-ons! 4X4 is a must and it is a beast.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. It is perfect for us

Favorite vehicle of all time
By Carolina Jeeper

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep was a 40th birthday present to myself. It's a great vehicle. My favorite of all time. Has been reliable, is rugged, and there is no shortage of ways to upgrade and make it better.

She sure was a good ship
By A great ride

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Always wanted a Wrangler, and I got one in 1996! Had it for 14 years. She was the Millenium Falcon to my Han Solo. Sure there were problems. All cars have them, but my love for the car outweighed any daily annoyance. It's the kind of vehicle you either love or hate. What I liked: Tight turn radius, no bells or whistles (I'm old school that way), , various top/no top options. Didn't like that you felt every bump in the road. Mechanically it didn't really give me too much trouble til the last several years. I didn't miss a day of work for car trouble. Met its untimely end early 2010 when it flipped on its side on an icy highway. Green w/ tan hardtop.

Favorite Features

Removable top and doors for various open-air styles. Easy to work on. All kinds of after-market products available. Reliable and sturdy. A great ride!

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would try to improve is gas mileage. I averaged 300 miles per tank a week in warm weather. They'll always be noisy. Nothing in easy reach -- you have to plan ahead to change the radio station. And I wish they left the outside alone. I don't really like the 97 and up body styles.

Jeepers
By Hans Aubuchon

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

This Jeep has had a number of upgrades such as a lift, larger tires, 4.10 gears, Borla, chip, Jacobs ignition, K&M filters. It is a rugged off road vehicle that still is used as a daily driver that gets 21 mpg on the highway.

Favorite Features

The winch and receiver along with the tow hooks and snatch cable to pull Toyota's, Nissan's and Land Rovers out of the mud.

Suggested Improvements

Increase wheels to 16 inches and have bead locks on all the wheels.

These are a dying breed...
By Mike

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

As I write this the 4.0L 6cyl has been retired and the new Wranglers now have a minivan motor.(sad day) As you can tell from the first sentence I love the old 4.0/6cyl. The 4.0 and 5spd manual is the most desirable stock engine/tranny combo if you are shopping for a Wrangler YJ from 91- 95. This is a reliable vehicle now with 133,000 on the clock all I have done is replaced a rusted/leak radiator and water pump. Jeeps do perform best with regular preventitive maintence. (plugs, wires, oil-changes in engine, diffs, transfer case & axles) The ride is rough which should be expected and learn to love it. If ride quality is your concern I would recommend going straight to a TJ (97- 06)or new JK

Favorite Features

The option of unstoppable 4wd in the winter/off road and being Topless in the spring,summer & fall; Good heater; Durable and easy to clean interior; Simple dash layout; Small size makes turning around in the woods easy; 4.0L - 5spd AX15 transmission; Square headlights ;)

Suggested Improvements

Frame and body can be prone to bad rust problems in salt belt states. Pull up the carpet and look at the floor on driver/passenger sides and around roll bars if thinking about purchasing. Check frame for rust as well. Poke around frame with a screwdriver to check for rotting due to rust;