1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I Love My Wrangler
By tmgj on 08/16/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have my Wrangler as a toy, not a daily driver but whenever the weather is nice, it's my daily driver. The 4 cylinder gets around great in town, slow on the highway but it wasn't made for highway. I have a Rampage bowless soft top that's really nice. A 90's jeep is cheaper than a new 4 wheeler and a lot more fun! Aftermarket parts and modifications are never ending, you can do anything you want to a jeep(if you have the money).

Nail in the coffin of American cars
By BajaMan on 07/08/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

One of the worst vehicles I have ever owned. Gas mileage was terrible, 15 mpg. Acceleration was terrible. Wind and road noise terrible. Build quality terrible. Reliability terrible. Top took forever to install (like 15 minutes). Had lots of problems with exhaust system. Owned it nine years. Developed an intermittent starting problem. So I finally decided to unload it.

Still Jeepin' after 11 years
By wulfcity on 04/18/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep new in 1994. Overall, it has been a great vehicle. It is a little underpowered with the 4 cylinder engine. The 5th gear was replaced at around 75,000 miles. It does handle its own off-roading.

Long Term Report on 94 YJ
By Fred on 02/28/05 19:30 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in Mar 1999 after realizing the price of a comparatively aged full size pickup was too high. Found out on the test drive about Jeep waves. Fun to drive, more ways to modify than can you can possibly afford; a great Jeep is built, not bought, and never finished. Auto transmission mount bolts fell out once, holes stripped. Once I identified the issue, I popped in 2 bolts and wrapped 2 giant zip ties around the transmission; problem solved. These Jeeps have amazing offroad capabilities. It only gets better by adding a modest suspension lift, rear-locker, and better tires. I highly suggest having an aftermarket amplified stereo. Deep water dunking cost me one transmission rebuild.

Mechanics special???
By MustangChris on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep. Off road it is superior to trucks twice its size and cost. However, my Jeep has been highly unrelaible, with constant repair being needed to the point where as much as I like being a Jeeper, if it cant get me to class or home reliably she'll have to go. Much of my problems have to do with its frequent off road adventures, but its a jeep... isnt it supposed to be designed to do that?

Best of the best
By jeepster17257 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this vehicle

IT'S A SHOCK THE MILITARY DESIGNED IT!!!
By robert p judge jr on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

THIS MUST BE THE ONLY THING THE MILITARY CREATED THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY RELY ON ALWAYS WORKING.I'VE BOUGHT MY JEEP WHILE IN THE MILITARY AND I HAVE TAKEN IT ALL OVER THE EASTERN SEABOARD; THROUGH WOODS,STREAMS ,SURF,OVER MOUNTAINS,ECT. THIS WAS WITH NO MODIFACATIONS TO IT AT ALL EXCEPT TIRES.ONLY TWO PROBLEMS WERE 1)HAD TO REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER. 2)WATER PUMP AND THERMOSTAT.ONLY THING BAD IS YOU CAN'T HAUL STUFF UNLESS YOU HAVE A TRAILER.FORGOT ONE OTHER PROBLEM, CRANK SENSOR WENT BAD AS SOON AS I GOT IT AT 32000.THE MECHANIC TOLD ME THEY GO EVERY 30000 OR SO; THAT WAS 65000+ MILES AGO. GUESS WHAT, GOT THE SAME ONE HE PUT IN AND STILL ROLLIN'.

Jeep wrangler
By none9 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

There are two problems with the car. one is that the cadilitic converter continually fails. Chrysler replaces it, bu not the parts that get damaged when it does block up. The transmission is not durable enoug for the vehicle and begins to fail under normal use at about 70,000 miles. I have about 200,000 miles on mine and it runs great other than the mentioned problems.

If you are good at repairing yourself...
By J.D. on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my jeep for 4 years now and I have had some wonderful times in it. I must say that it has to be one of the greatest things to drive in the mountain with the top off in the summer. The worst thing about jeep's are the mechanics of it. I have replaced everything (radiator, starter, alternator, water pump and the big daddy (transmissions). If you get a 100,000 miles your tansmission did a great job. If you have the money to make repairs, I would definitley buy a jeep.