Used 1994 Jeep Wrangler S Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1994 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I named mine the Duke!!
By Mike

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle ever!! I use The Duke as a daily driver with a commute of 36 miles a day. It runs, steers, and stops like a Champ. Then there is the 4×4 !! Just had 14inches of wet snow on mountain roads. I could not make it spin in four high!! I felt in full control!! If you want a reliable,safe,and tough vehicle you found it. Buy one you will not regret it!!

I Love My Wrangler
By tmgj

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have my Wrangler as a toy, not a daily driver but whenever the weather is nice, it's my daily driver. The 4 cylinder gets around great in town, slow on the highway but it wasn't made for highway. I have a Rampage bowless soft top that's really nice. A 90's jeep is cheaper than a new 4 wheeler and a lot more fun! Aftermarket parts and modifications are never ending, you can do anything you want to a jeep(if you have the money).

5 speed transmission, removable doors, everything about the exterior.

It's 19 years old, what's the point of suggesting improvements.

Nail in the coffin of American cars
By BajaMan

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

One of the worst vehicles I have ever owned. Gas mileage was terrible, 15 mpg. Acceleration was terrible. Wind and road noise terrible. Build quality terrible. Reliability terrible. Top took forever to install (like 15 minutes). Had lots of problems with exhaust system. Owned it nine years. Developed an intermittent starting problem. So I finally decided to unload it.

Was fun to drive and looked nice. 3rd gear held great while going down hills.

I hope Chrysler finally got all the bugs worked out considering this vehicle was in production since 1987.

Still Jeepin' after 11 years
By wulfcity

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep new in 1994. Overall, it has been a great vehicle. It is a little underpowered with the 4 cylinder engine. The 5th gear was replaced at around 75,000 miles. It does handle its own off-roading.

Soft top, 4WD, tight turing radius.

Beef up the transmission!

Long Term Report on 94 YJ
By Fred

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in Mar 1999 after realizing the price of a comparatively aged full size pickup was too high. Found out on the test drive about Jeep waves. Fun to drive, more ways to modify than can you can possibly afford; a great Jeep is built, not bought, and never finished. Auto transmission mount bolts fell out once, holes stripped. Once I identified the issue, I popped in 2 bolts and wrapped 2 giant zip ties around the transmission; problem solved. These Jeeps have amazing offroad capabilities. It only gets better by adding a modest suspension lift, rear-locker, and better tires. I highly suggest having an aftermarket amplified stereo. Deep water dunking cost me one transmission rebuild.

Gives me the freedom to go just about anywhere I want. Offroading is a blast and even more fun with some friends in other 4x4's. Top off on summer draws jealous looks from car drivers. Nothing compares to the solid tube axle articulation found on these YJs.

The 4 cylinder engine needs more power; it is absolutely pathetic for highway. Going uphill is always slow. The 2 auto transmission mount bolts fell out once, allowing the transmission to slop side-to-side till fixed. Transmission rebuilt twice inside 3 years. Hot summers are hard with no A/C. TJ's coil suspension ride better.