Used 1994 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1994 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I Love My Wrangler
By tmgj

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have my Wrangler as a toy, not a daily driver but whenever the weather is nice, it's my daily driver. The 4 cylinder gets around great in town, slow on the highway but it wasn't made for highway. I have a Rampage bowless soft top that's really nice. A 90's jeep is cheaper than a new 4 wheeler and a lot more fun! Aftermarket parts and modifications are never ending, you can do anything you want to a jeep(if you have the money).

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission, removable doors, everything about the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

It's 19 years old, what's the point of suggesting improvements.

you will be missed, my old friend
By jgrann75

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

this jeep was my first car, and here is my testament to it. i barrel rolled this jeep going 50mph down the highway about 6 months after i got it. the accident was my fault, and i drove it home the next day. a little at home body work, along with new doors, new windshield and new hardtop from the junkyard (cost $1500), and it was like new. exaust was as loud as a tank, and acceleration was not that great. there were lots of little repairs here and there, but what else could you expect form a car that old. it will be sorely missed, as i am selling it to the junkyard tomorrow. im only ditching it due to back left leaf spring coming unattached and grinding into gas tank. extremly fun, i loved it

Favorite Features

turned on a dime, best engine on the market, 4wd never failed, and you could beat the heck out of it and it would still pull through

Suggested Improvements

only what you want to improve yourself. this is a very customizable vehicle, with many add ons possible.

Favorite vehicle of all time
By Carolina Jeeper

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep was a 40th birthday present to myself. It's a great vehicle. My favorite of all time. Has been reliable, is rugged, and there is no shortage of ways to upgrade and make it better.

She sure was a good ship
By A great ride

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Always wanted a Wrangler, and I got one in 1996! Had it for 14 years. She was the Millenium Falcon to my Han Solo. Sure there were problems. All cars have them, but my love for the car outweighed any daily annoyance. It's the kind of vehicle you either love or hate. What I liked: Tight turn radius, no bells or whistles (I'm old school that way), , various top/no top options. Didn't like that you felt every bump in the road. Mechanically it didn't really give me too much trouble til the last several years. I didn't miss a day of work for car trouble. Met its untimely end early 2010 when it flipped on its side on an icy highway. Green w/ tan hardtop.

Favorite Features

Removable top and doors for various open-air styles. Easy to work on. All kinds of after-market products available. Reliable and sturdy. A great ride!

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would try to improve is gas mileage. I averaged 300 miles per tank a week in warm weather. They'll always be noisy. Nothing in easy reach -- you have to plan ahead to change the radio station. And I wish they left the outside alone. I don't really like the 97 and up body styles.

Nail in the coffin of American cars
By BajaMan

1994 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

One of the worst vehicles I have ever owned. Gas mileage was terrible, 15 mpg. Acceleration was terrible. Wind and road noise terrible. Build quality terrible. Reliability terrible. Top took forever to install (like 15 minutes). Had lots of problems with exhaust system. Owned it nine years. Developed an intermittent starting problem. So I finally decided to unload it.

Favorite Features

Was fun to drive and looked nice. 3rd gear held great while going down hills.

Suggested Improvements

I hope Chrysler finally got all the bugs worked out considering this vehicle was in production since 1987.