One of the worse vehicles I have owned
By Firefighterjake on
1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD
I bought this Jeep shortly after graduating from college . . . guess I shouldn't have believed the hype about it being the ultimate off-road vehicle since it was the biggest lemon I have ever owned. In fact, it was this vehicle that made me decide to never own another Chrysler product (well that and my experience with a Dodge Omni and a Dodge Aspen.) Where do I start? Broken motor mounts, terrible service at the local dealership, a blown motor, a broken windshield wiper motor (I know of no one who has ever had to replace their wiper motor!) . . . and this was with minimal off-roading (i.e. old dirt roads). I will admit however taht it was a blast on warm summer days with the top off.
Favorite Features
The whole "Jeep" experience . . . having folks wave to you, going "topless" on those warm, summer days . . . unfortunately it didn't make up for all of the Jeep's shortcomings and reliability issues.
Suggested Improvements
I fixed all of the Jeep's reliability and handling issues when I bought my first (and then second) Toyota 4Runner which provided me with reliability, better handling, more features and the ability to go off-road and not worry about breaking down in the middle of nowhere.