Used 1993 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeep 4 Fun
By jeep4fun

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my and my wife's 3rd Jeep. We love to go 4 wheeling and Sunday rides. Mileage is OK (6 cylinder get 19 mpg, better than a 4 cylinder) This Jeep is dependable; we drive it to work 95% of time m-- we work at same location. People alway trying to buy it, even neighbors. Have pulled 4000 trailer in west NC mountains and to the beach. 140,000 miles, same clutch, same rear brakes shoes, have only replaced starter, radiator, coil, camshaft sensor and front brake pads. Not much for 140,000 miles and how hard we use it. We pull a utility trailer often too. We live in a cove with a steep 20 percent grade and we are almost alway the first ones out in deep snow. Mostly standard from the factory.

Convertible, 4 wheel drive, the old Jeep look, u turn in 2 1/2 lanes if needed, go most anywhere if needed, park where other cannot or are afraid to. Pull other 4 wheel drives in snow. Goes better than any I have seen on ice. Even my 79 year old mother loves it, screams the whole time and ready to go again.

It's a Jeep, that enough, needs no improvement. Do not buy one if you want a soft car ride or handling like a true sport car.

by owner
By John Gerbrandt

1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a used Sahara ragtop Jeep, green in color with tan top. It has been used with care. Mileage is approximately 65,000 miles. Was used for some off road travel for rockhounding. Otherwise was used for travel around town for short distances. Has been stored in a garage and well taken care of. It is a 6 cylinder 4 wheel drive, 1993 model in better than average condition. Has been regularly maintained. Has new tires. Has been in one fender bender accident, but was completely restored by the dealership.

Better than average condition. Well cared for and maintained. Has a tow hitch and carry-all attachment that is removable. Very reliable running condition.

Could use back windows replaced to make for slightly more see-through capability.

Many happy miles...
By jenny

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

If you want to be cradled in comfort this is not the car for you! If you want to play in the mud, sand, or snow you can't beat the Wrangler! The 4 cylinder is a little sluggish on steep hills but it keeps on chugging. Replaced the exhaust manifold at 115k, but also had to do that on my 87' Cherokee; I think its a fairly common issue for Jeeps. Mine has 125k on it and runs like a champ with no issues. Long trips are annoying; the steering is sensitive and high winds really shake it (big square box on wheels). I love driving around with the top down and the doors off!

Offroad capability, and you can't beat it in the snow! Fun to take off the top/doors, it's the ultimate convertible! Lots of peppy torque! So many fun aftermarket upgrades.

Heat is really slow to warm up, A/C is a MUST, fuel economy; it chugs gas (14/19 mpg), interior quality (carpeting and seats).

Jeepster
By shane gipe

1993 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep has been reliable and fun to drive but it is too small for hauling my tools for work and also my three children. One downfall I have found with my '93 Jeep is that the frame around the driver and passenger side windows (the doors) is rusting away. These frames are replacable but why are they rusting so bad.

My jeep is just a lot of fun to drive.

Beef up the framing around the doors, and some insulation would be nice for us midwesterners.

Fun for the short-term
By waytac

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I've really enjoyed my '93 Wrangler in the six years I've owned it, but it's cost me a bit: new clutches, emergency brakes, alternator--reasonably above average in the repair cost/budget. It's a better all around vehicle that might appear if you don't have kids, etc. The *big* problem, which is forcing me to sell it for salvage right now, is hideous premature rusting out of the entire undercarriage (I live in New England, in a coastal region, but...). The entire 1/4" metal underbody has rusted to the consistency of paper, and other Wrangler owners have told me of similar experiences. Just 10 years, 70K miles, and the car has been rendered undriveable.

V-6 engine has real kick, much better gas mileage than other SUVs, extremely fun to drive and offroad in.

First, *don't get this car if you live in a salt air or salted road climate*, as rust protection is apparently as bad as it gets. Stock speakers blew very quickly, and would have required complete dash/steering column disasembly to extract/replace.

• SUV