1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep 4 Fun
By jeep4fun on 02/23/06 12:38 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my and my wife's 3rd Jeep. We love to go 4 wheeling and Sunday rides. Mileage is OK (6 cylinder get 19 mpg, better than a 4 cylinder) This Jeep is dependable; we drive it to work 95% of time m-- we work at same location. People alway trying to buy it, even neighbors. Have pulled 4000 trailer in west NC mountains and to the beach. 140,000 miles, same clutch, same rear brakes shoes, have only replaced starter, radiator, coil, camshaft sensor and front brake pads. Not much for 140,000 miles and how hard we use it. We pull a utility trailer often too. We live in a cove with a steep 20 percent grade and we are almost alway the first ones out in deep snow. Mostly standard from the factory.

by owner
By John Gerbrandt on 01/15/06 06:38 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a used Sahara ragtop Jeep, green in color with tan top. It has been used with care. Mileage is approximately 65,000 miles. Was used for some off road travel for rockhounding. Otherwise was used for travel around town for short distances. Has been stored in a garage and well taken care of. It is a 6 cylinder 4 wheel drive, 1993 model in better than average condition. Has been regularly maintained. Has new tires. Has been in one fender bender accident, but was completely restored by the dealership.

Many happy miles...
By jenny on 05/20/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

If you want to be cradled in comfort this is not the car for you! If you want to play in the mud, sand, or snow you can't beat the Wrangler! The 4 cylinder is a little sluggish on steep hills but it keeps on chugging. Replaced the exhaust manifold at 115k, but also had to do that on my 87' Cherokee; I think its a fairly common issue for Jeeps. Mine has 125k on it and runs like a champ with no issues. Long trips are annoying; the steering is sensitive and high winds really shake it (big square box on wheels). I love driving around with the top down and the doors off!

Jeepster
By shane gipe on 01/17/05 07:54 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep has been reliable and fun to drive but it is too small for hauling my tools for work and also my three children. One downfall I have found with my '93 Jeep is that the frame around the driver and passenger side windows (the doors) is rusting away. These frames are replacable but why are they rusting so bad.

Fun for the short-term
By waytac on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I've really enjoyed my '93 Wrangler in the six years I've owned it, but it's cost me a bit: new clutches, emergency brakes, alternator--reasonably above average in the repair cost/budget. It's a better all around vehicle that might appear if you don't have kids, etc. The *big* problem, which is forcing me to sell it for salvage right now, is hideous premature rusting out of the entire undercarriage (I live in New England, in a coastal region, but...). The entire 1/4" metal underbody has rusted to the consistency of paper, and other Wrangler owners have told me of similar experiences. Just 10 years, 70K miles, and the car has been rendered undriveable.

Wrangler
By rwdc on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I had the opportunity to get a low milage older model Wrangler. I have had no problems with it and would highly reccommend it to anyone without a family.

Best of U.S.
By gcorey on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I just sold this rig a year ago(needed the cash), but it was probably, of all the cars I've owned, the most fun to drive. Very quick and agile. You don't need a 6cyl if you can get a 4cyl with fuel injection. The gas mileage sucks. Best I got was 18mpg. But, it's great in snow, and will fit in any parking space. The seats are simple and incredibly supportive...but let's be honest - it's easier to change a tire than put up a soft top. Unless you live in the sunbelt, buyer beWarned.

Dependable and Fun
By KulDip on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my YJ for two years now and have well over 120K miles on it and have never had any problems. Fun to drive, especially during the summers. Very rugged and dependable. If you want a cush ride, go buy a Lexus, Jeeps aren't build for comfort, they are built for form and function. Overall, one of the most reliable, well built rigs I have ever owned!

best jeep ever!!!
By Ziggs on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

the jeep yj is the best SUV ever made

I sure miss it!
By I M Wonderful on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

A little over a year ago, I bought my 1993 Jeep Wrangler S from my parents; who bought it from my brother. What a fun vehicle! In Texas, you can almost live year round with the top off - and what a better feeling that riding around town with the wind blowing in your hair. Unfortunatly, it was wrecked just a few weeks ago - I'm going to miss it. It wasn't the "family" type vehicle I've always wanted, but it was in wonderful shape - was garaged since day one, never seen an ounce of dirt or mud, and wonderfully maintained. I couldn't have asked for a nicer Jeep. I will definately miss it.