1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I Love my Jeep!
By Kevin on 06/30/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

This little YJ is the ultimate go anywhere, do anything vehicle. I have it all pretty much stock, with slightly oversize tires (235/75/15). The tires aren't even off-road style lugs, they are street tires and this jeep will go anywhere on them. I have only gotten stuck in deep mud, and once high- centered it. If you like to go off-roading this is the best, most affordable, toughest little vehicle for that. If you like to cruise on the highway at 70+ mph this is not the best vehicle for that. Fuel mileage on the highway is dismal, but in town it is acceptable, and off-road fuel mileage is surprisingly good.

My Toy
By Becky on 11/20/09 22:57 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I am a 29 year old female and I Purchased my YJ about 6 mos ago with 125,000 mi. when I got it, it needed new axle seals,rear brakes, new fluid, and new u-joints. since Ive done a lot more. Its my favorite Toy ever. Its so easy to work on from changing fluids to changing the timing chain. Everything Ive done to my Jeep I did myself. The only thing I dislike is the internal slave cylinder. I will eventually change to an external(with a new bellhousing). My Jeep is my pride and joy and I love when I get looks from everyone, especially when they find out that I do all the work myself. I better since I took 4 years in auto tech in High school.

Go Anywhere
By T-Good on 10/05/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 1993 Jeep Wrangler to pull behind our 2007 Winnie Aspect. The really nice thing is we don't have to run any brake system on it. Our RV is rated at a max 20,000 lb GW and we only have a 14,000 lb RV on a Ford 450 Chassis. Hell, don't even know it's there when tooling down the interstate. Have a modified military tow bar that's permanently attached to the jeep. Folds up and secured by 2 bungee cords. Hangs in there in the draft of the RV. Only loose 2 MPG of 12.6 MPG so 10 MPG with a 26 foot RV with Wrangler in tow is fine with me. I cut the wiring harness to the rear lights system next to the foot brake and attached a 4 wire trailer hookup. It's that easy. Unplug & plug in the trailer

Love It
By ATVArcticWolfVTA on 02/19/08 19:52 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Wrangler! I'm 16, and it's my first car. When we bought it(for $2000), it wasn't that great, had been abused. But Wranglers are so easy to revive. I put a 3" lift on, 31" tires, painted it silver, new top, new carpet, added Grand Cherokee seats, complete new stereo system(soundbar, 6x9's, 4x6's, subs, and deck), new bumpers, nerf bars, etc. It may sound like a lot, but it is so much fun, and this is a teenager speaking here! I utterly love gonig topless(leave my doors on, have half doors).

One of the worse vehicles I have owned
By Firefighterjake on 11/06/07 09:54 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep shortly after graduating from college . . . guess I shouldn't have believed the hype about it being the ultimate off-road vehicle since it was the biggest lemon I have ever owned. In fact, it was this vehicle that made me decide to never own another Chrysler product (well that and my experience with a Dodge Omni and a Dodge Aspen.) Where do I start? Broken motor mounts, terrible service at the local dealership, a blown motor, a broken windshield wiper motor (I know of no one who has ever had to replace their wiper motor!) . . . and this was with minimal off-roading (i.e. old dirt roads). I will admit however taht it was a blast on warm summer days with the top off.

Jeep 4 Fun
By jeep4fun on 02/23/06 12:38 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my and my wife's 3rd Jeep. We love to go 4 wheeling and Sunday rides. Mileage is OK (6 cylinder get 19 mpg, better than a 4 cylinder) This Jeep is dependable; we drive it to work 95% of time m-- we work at same location. People alway trying to buy it, even neighbors. Have pulled 4000 trailer in west NC mountains and to the beach. 140,000 miles, same clutch, same rear brakes shoes, have only replaced starter, radiator, coil, camshaft sensor and front brake pads. Not much for 140,000 miles and how hard we use it. We pull a utility trailer often too. We live in a cove with a steep 20 percent grade and we are almost alway the first ones out in deep snow. Mostly standard from the factory.

Many happy miles...
By jenny on 05/20/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

If you want to be cradled in comfort this is not the car for you! If you want to play in the mud, sand, or snow you can't beat the Wrangler! The 4 cylinder is a little sluggish on steep hills but it keeps on chugging. Replaced the exhaust manifold at 115k, but also had to do that on my 87' Cherokee; I think its a fairly common issue for Jeeps. Mine has 125k on it and runs like a champ with no issues. Long trips are annoying; the steering is sensitive and high winds really shake it (big square box on wheels). I love driving around with the top down and the doors off!

Fun for the short-term
By waytac on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I've really enjoyed my '93 Wrangler in the six years I've owned it, but it's cost me a bit: new clutches, emergency brakes, alternator--reasonably above average in the repair cost/budget. It's a better all around vehicle that might appear if you don't have kids, etc. The *big* problem, which is forcing me to sell it for salvage right now, is hideous premature rusting out of the entire undercarriage (I live in New England, in a coastal region, but...). The entire 1/4" metal underbody has rusted to the consistency of paper, and other Wrangler owners have told me of similar experiences. Just 10 years, 70K miles, and the car has been rendered undriveable.

Best of U.S.
By gcorey on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I just sold this rig a year ago(needed the cash), but it was probably, of all the cars I've owned, the most fun to drive. Very quick and agile. You don't need a 6cyl if you can get a 4cyl with fuel injection. The gas mileage sucks. Best I got was 18mpg. But, it's great in snow, and will fit in any parking space. The seats are simple and incredibly supportive...but let's be honest - it's easier to change a tire than put up a soft top. Unless you live in the sunbelt, buyer beWarned.

best jeep ever!!!
By Ziggs on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

the jeep yj is the best SUV ever made