Used 1993 Jeep Wrangler Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeepster
By shane gipe

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV Renegade 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep has been reliable and fun to drive but it is too small for hauling my tools for work and also my three children. One downfall I have found with my '93 Jeep is that the frame around the driver and passenger side windows (the doors) is rusting away. These frames are replacable but why are they rusting so bad.

Favorite Features

My jeep is just a lot of fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the framing around the doors, and some insulation would be nice for us midwesterners.

Used but barely
By PWA

1993 Jeep Wrangler SUV Renegade 2dr SUV 4WD

We found the 1993, via internet searching, for sale from a local dealer that I've worked with before. The biggest selling point for us was the low 33,450 miles. This is our 1st jeep and has been a dream to work on and drive. It's flexability and ease to work on a benifit. The 4.0L Fuel Injection has shown to provide plenty of power. The 30" tires seem to be a good mix for on and off road(sand) driving. Currently setting it up for towing behind RV W/TowBar and Wiring kit.

Favorite Features

Off road point and drive ability. Fun to be seen in and the friendly wave from other passing wrangler owners makes it proud to be part of the same group. I've found it very well built.

Suggested Improvements

I wish this year had the safety of ABS as standard, but since it was an option, my 1993 does not have it.