Used 1993 Jeep Wrangler S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Rat_Patrol
By balcuthra

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Iíve had this ride since 93. My only complaint was that Chrysler failed to implement a recall on the fuel gauge system failure. And replacing it would have cost me $700.00 at the dealer, which I promptly refused to do. I drive without a working fuel gauge till this day. Needless to say, I had that car shipped to Hawaii for three years, and Italy for four, now itís in Florida waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico. I will own it till it dies. It went through three transmissions, fuel pump, water pump, two belts, five brake changes, four u-bolts, four shocks, tires, and that about it, aside from oil and tune ups. I have off road several times

4 X 4 Rugged Easy to pick up girls. just whistle!

None The best improvement was the new shock system they installed in later models. Betters factory recalls.

310000 mile jeep
By lonnie

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I read about jeep owners loving their jeep with 150,000 miles. My jeep has 310,000 miles and doing remarkably well. I have used it like a log truck and pulled logs at one time. Patton said the jeep and the browning BAR automatic rifle won WWII. I also have a Grand Cher Laredo. It can't hold a light to the wrangler with the sports package as far as performance and reliability.

I like its sporty look it gives the driver regardless of the age of the person driving the wrangler.

My wrangler and my grand cher laredo have the same 4.0 engine but my grand cher laredo gets 6 to 7 miles better gas mileage than the wrangler and the wrangler has no A.C. Please do something?

Asphalt Hater, Dirt Devil!
By blue93yj

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Picked up ol' blue almost a yr ago on July 4th. Had 119K on it, now it has 123K. In her retirement, she's received a lot of TLC - 4" Superlift, 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Series 152 Black Rock Crawlers, AEM cold air intake, high flow cat., along w/40 Series Delta Flow Flowmaster, Detroit lockers rear, Detroit true-trac front, and 4.88 gears f/r. No oil leaks (yet) on original 2.5L I4 AMC engine. Engine runs strong for a 4 banger and now takes synthetic motor oil for more TLC. To date, no white or black smoke from her tailpipe. Has been a good experience mechanically, and overall, easy to work on. I have had too much fun giving this rig a new lease on life.

Legendary appearance, off-road prowess, soft top, no top, and well built 4 banger.

It's a '93; it's all good! This thing has proven itself in my book.

Review of Jeep Wrangler - 1993 - 4 cylinder
By wesrick

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Like the other reviewers have said. It's a Jeep. It can be expensive. But, fixing things and doing regular maintenance right can make your Jeep really last. You must want a Jeep to get one, not just a car. They are not comfortable, they are not cheap, but they are very, very fun. There's nothing else like it. I am a creature of comfort (also drive a Lexus) however, I can't get rid of the Jeep. It's just too much fun.

You can buy about anything for a Jeep. It's easy to customize it to you. I put on steel wheels, a mesh top, a grill guard, and a number of other things. And they're all bolt on. So, easy installation!

Many things could be improved, but don't buy it if you're on a tight budget or you'll be sorry.

Reliable
By drbphoto

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the'93 Wrangler S. Many friends scoffed at me when I sold a Toyota truck and bought the Jeep. It's been EXTREMELY reliable and has held up to abuse that would destroy almost anything else out there, So far I've put 100k miles on it with 3 non-user induced repairs; starter fuel pump and oil pressure switch. Extremely fun to drive on the short haul but abusive on a long drive. Spartan interior with almost no creature comforts, Leg room could be more. Over all it's the best car I have ever owned and will keep it in one form or another for a very long time

Convertible, 4 wheel drive, lots of aftermarket accessories to personalize it and make it your own.

More legroom. Full steel doors with roll up windows would be nice as STANDARD equipment. More supportive seating.