1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Rat_Patrol
By balcuthra on 07/07/10 01:56 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I’ve had this ride since 93. My only complaint was that Chrysler failed to implement a recall on the fuel gauge system failure. And replacing it would have cost me $700.00 at the dealer, which I promptly refused to do. I drive without a working fuel gauge till this day. Needless to say, I had that car shipped to Hawaii for three years, and Italy for four, now it’s in Florida waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico. I will own it till it dies. It went through three transmissions, fuel pump, water pump, two belts, five brake changes, four u-bolts, four shocks, tires, and that about it, aside from oil and tune ups. I have off road several times

I Love my Jeep!
By Kevin on 06/30/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This little YJ is the ultimate go anywhere, do anything vehicle. I have it all pretty much stock, with slightly oversize tires (235/75/15). The tires aren't even off-road style lugs, they are street tires and this jeep will go anywhere on them. I have only gotten stuck in deep mud, and once high- centered it. If you like to go off-roading this is the best, most affordable, toughest little vehicle for that. If you like to cruise on the highway at 70+ mph this is not the best vehicle for that. Fuel mileage on the highway is dismal, but in town it is acceptable, and off-road fuel mileage is surprisingly good.

310000 mile jeep
By lonnie on 06/29/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I read about jeep owners loving their jeep with 150,000 miles. My jeep has 310,000 miles and doing remarkably well. I have used it like a log truck and pulled logs at one time. Patton said the jeep and the browning BAR automatic rifle won WWII. I also have a Grand Cher Laredo. It can't hold a light to the wrangler with the sports package as far as performance and reliability.

My Toy
By Becky on 11/20/09 22:57 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I am a 29 year old female and I Purchased my YJ about 6 mos ago with 125,000 mi. when I got it, it needed new axle seals,rear brakes, new fluid, and new u-joints. since Ive done a lot more. Its my favorite Toy ever. Its so easy to work on from changing fluids to changing the timing chain. Everything Ive done to my Jeep I did myself. The only thing I dislike is the internal slave cylinder. I will eventually change to an external(with a new bellhousing). My Jeep is my pride and joy and I love when I get looks from everyone, especially when they find out that I do all the work myself. I better since I took 4 years in auto tech in High school.

Go Anywhere
By T-Good on 10/05/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 1993 Jeep Wrangler to pull behind our 2007 Winnie Aspect. The really nice thing is we don't have to run any brake system on it. Our RV is rated at a max 20,000 lb GW and we only have a 14,000 lb RV on a Ford 450 Chassis. Hell, don't even know it's there when tooling down the interstate. Have a modified military tow bar that's permanently attached to the jeep. Folds up and secured by 2 bungee cords. Hangs in there in the draft of the RV. Only loose 2 MPG of 12.6 MPG so 10 MPG with a 26 foot RV with Wrangler in tow is fine with me. I cut the wiring harness to the rear lights system next to the foot brake and attached a 4 wire trailer hookup. It's that easy. Unplug & plug in the trailer

Asphalt Hater, Dirt Devil!
By blue93yj on 06/22/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Picked up ol' blue almost a yr ago on July 4th. Had 119K on it, now it has 123K. In her retirement, she's received a lot of TLC - 4" Superlift, 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Series 152 Black Rock Crawlers, AEM cold air intake, high flow cat., along w/40 Series Delta Flow Flowmaster, Detroit lockers rear, Detroit true-trac front, and 4.88 gears f/r. No oil leaks (yet) on original 2.5L I4 AMC engine. Engine runs strong for a 4 banger and now takes synthetic motor oil for more TLC. To date, no white or black smoke from her tailpipe. Has been a good experience mechanically, and overall, easy to work on. I have had too much fun giving this rig a new lease on life.

Love It
By ATVArcticWolfVTA on 02/19/08 19:52 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Wrangler! I'm 16, and it's my first car. When we bought it(for $2000), it wasn't that great, had been abused. But Wranglers are so easy to revive. I put a 3" lift on, 31" tires, painted it silver, new top, new carpet, added Grand Cherokee seats, complete new stereo system(soundbar, 6x9's, 4x6's, subs, and deck), new bumpers, nerf bars, etc. It may sound like a lot, but it is so much fun, and this is a teenager speaking here! I utterly love gonig topless(leave my doors on, have half doors).

One of the worse vehicles I have owned
By Firefighterjake on 11/06/07 09:54 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep shortly after graduating from college . . . guess I shouldn't have believed the hype about it being the ultimate off-road vehicle since it was the biggest lemon I have ever owned. In fact, it was this vehicle that made me decide to never own another Chrysler product (well that and my experience with a Dodge Omni and a Dodge Aspen.) Where do I start? Broken motor mounts, terrible service at the local dealership, a blown motor, a broken windshield wiper motor (I know of no one who has ever had to replace their wiper motor!) . . . and this was with minimal off-roading (i.e. old dirt roads). I will admit however taht it was a blast on warm summer days with the top off.

Review of Jeep Wrangler - 1993 - 4 cylinder
By wesrick on 10/27/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Like the other reviewers have said. It's a Jeep. It can be expensive. But, fixing things and doing regular maintenance right can make your Jeep really last. You must want a Jeep to get one, not just a car. They are not comfortable, they are not cheap, but they are very, very fun. There's nothing else like it. I am a creature of comfort (also drive a Lexus) however, I can't get rid of the Jeep. It's just too much fun.

Reliable
By drbphoto on 04/25/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the'93 Wrangler S. Many friends scoffed at me when I sold a Toyota truck and bought the Jeep. It's been EXTREMELY reliable and has held up to abuse that would destroy almost anything else out there, So far I've put 100k miles on it with 3 non-user induced repairs; starter fuel pump and oil pressure switch. Extremely fun to drive on the short haul but abusive on a long drive. Spartan interior with almost no creature comforts, Leg room could be more. Over all it's the best car I have ever owned and will keep it in one form or another for a very long time