Used 1993 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Rat_Patrol
By balcuthra

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Iíve had this ride since 93. My only complaint was that Chrysler failed to implement a recall on the fuel gauge system failure. And replacing it would have cost me $700.00 at the dealer, which I promptly refused to do. I drive without a working fuel gauge till this day. Needless to say, I had that car shipped to Hawaii for three years, and Italy for four, now itís in Florida waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico. I will own it till it dies. It went through three transmissions, fuel pump, water pump, two belts, five brake changes, four u-bolts, four shocks, tires, and that about it, aside from oil and tune ups. I have off road several times

4 X 4 Rugged Easy to pick up girls. just whistle!

None The best improvement was the new shock system they installed in later models. Betters factory recalls.

I Love my Jeep!
By Kevin

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This little YJ is the ultimate go anywhere, do anything vehicle. I have it all pretty much stock, with slightly oversize tires (235/75/15). The tires aren't even off-road style lugs, they are street tires and this jeep will go anywhere on them. I have only gotten stuck in deep mud, and once high- centered it. If you like to go off-roading this is the best, most affordable, toughest little vehicle for that. If you like to cruise on the highway at 70+ mph this is not the best vehicle for that. Fuel mileage on the highway is dismal, but in town it is acceptable, and off-road fuel mileage is surprisingly good.

Convertible, I have hard top, soft top, and bikini top and its awesome, a top for any weather. It's ability to go anywhere, its amazing what it will do in stock form.

Locking differentials front and rear. I don't think this thing would ever get stuck with good lockers. Every time I've been stuck is because a wheel or two are off the ground, so no power is transferred to the wheels with traction. Other than that, this thing is nearly perfect.

310000 mile jeep
By lonnie

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I read about jeep owners loving their jeep with 150,000 miles. My jeep has 310,000 miles and doing remarkably well. I have used it like a log truck and pulled logs at one time. Patton said the jeep and the browning BAR automatic rifle won WWII. I also have a Grand Cher Laredo. It can't hold a light to the wrangler with the sports package as far as performance and reliability.

I like its sporty look it gives the driver regardless of the age of the person driving the wrangler.

My wrangler and my grand cher laredo have the same 4.0 engine but my grand cher laredo gets 6 to 7 miles better gas mileage than the wrangler and the wrangler has no A.C. Please do something?

My Toy
By Becky

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I am a 29 year old female and I Purchased my YJ about 6 mos ago with 125,000 mi. when I got it, it needed new axle seals,rear brakes, new fluid, and new u-joints. since Ive done a lot more. Its my favorite Toy ever. Its so easy to work on from changing fluids to changing the timing chain. Everything Ive done to my Jeep I did myself. The only thing I dislike is the internal slave cylinder. I will eventually change to an external(with a new bellhousing). My Jeep is my pride and joy and I love when I get looks from everyone, especially when they find out that I do all the work myself. I better since I took 4 years in auto tech in High school.

Easy to work on and the fact that the hard top comes off. I love the open air.

Internal slave cylinder. Should have thought of external long time ago. More leg room would be nice too!

Go Anywhere
By T-Good

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 1993 Jeep Wrangler to pull behind our 2007 Winnie Aspect. The really nice thing is we don't have to run any brake system on it. Our RV is rated at a max 20,000 lb GW and we only have a 14,000 lb RV on a Ford 450 Chassis. Hell, don't even know it's there when tooling down the interstate. Have a modified military tow bar that's permanently attached to the jeep. Folds up and secured by 2 bungee cords. Hangs in there in the draft of the RV. Only loose 2 MPG of 12.6 MPG so 10 MPG with a 26 foot RV with Wrangler in tow is fine with me. I cut the wiring harness to the rear lights system next to the foot brake and attached a 4 wire trailer hookup. It's that easy. Unplug & plug in the trailer

It's small easy to tow & when you get there you're ready for FWD adventure. Love it so I plan an off frame restoration. Can't see buying new & paying all those taxes. This Jeep can do what the new ones can do.

Ours has some rust but hey it's 14 years old. Would like to see a factory rear wiring harness set up for towing.