1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
234K miles and going strong
By David C. on 04/22/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 92 Wrangler used with 33K miles on it. I've driven it over 200K since and she still purrs like a kitten and looks great after a new paint job a few years back. I'm only a shade tree mechanic with a ratchet set and I find it extremely easy to maintain. The inline 4.0, 6 cylinder engine is the best around. Keep the oil clean and it will take care of you. I just replaced the radiator myself with that same old ratchet set. Biggest and easiest repair I've had to make. I confess she is my second car now but she is also my favorite toy to this day. Plan on keeping her forever and giving it to my 2 year old when he is of age. He's already calling it his Jeep.

car check
By mac on 06/26/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Fun to ride in and to drive. Can go off road and handles road nicely. Nice getaway car for two people.

Surprised at Great Reliability
By Kelly on 04/27/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Jeep because of the look, the fun, the "Jeep thing". We thought we were taking a chance with reliability because it wasn't a Japanese import. We were so wrong! This Jeep has been our favorite vehicle for 14 years. We keep saying we are going to sell it - we have two little kids and you can't fit a wagon or many groceries - it isn't a practical family car. But it's so much fun... and it's certainly the last vestige of coolness we have left. Our Jeep has 115,000 miles on it, and I'm shocked to say it has been one of the most reliable cars we've ever had. We've had American sedans, Japanese sedans, and the Jeep continues to amaze and delight us even now.

Amazing Summer Vehicle
By Kevin Maude on 08/19/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler as a second summer car and boy did I make a great decision. There is nothing better then taking the top down and riding with the tunes turned up in a Wrangler! And don't forget to give the "Jeep Wave" to fellow Wrangler owners - priceless.

square headlights bad
By john on 12/03/04 20:40 PM (PST)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

The YJ (sqare headlight) jeeps are horrible. The new TJs are nice and the old CJs are nicer. I has my 92 YJ for 4 months and sold it because it had no character and i couln't take the sight of all that interior plastic! Now I have a classy 1985 Jeep CJ-7, more work but much more fun- and it has character!

Once you buy one, you'll love it!
By RUF RYDR on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Jeep going on 4yrs now. If you've ever wanted to buy one...DO IT! The things are an absolute blast. Mines a daily driver which gets about 15,000 mi a yr and I also use it off- road offten. This vehicle can't be beat for fun and reliability!

Toy Jeep
By ski-nh on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Jeep is driven year round as second vehicle. Off road occasionally. Purchased with 75000 miles and has run perfectly since with normal maintenance.