1992 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Fun In The Sun...........
By billy sanders on 04/12/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I really enjoy our jeep we frequent Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer Tx. The four wheeling is awesome. On a nice sunny day we take the top off.

Absolute BLAST at low speeds
By Spencer Cooke on 10/21/08 00:26 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

As long as you can accept what a Jeep WON'T do, you can truly enjoy what it WILL do. WON'T go over 70 mph WON'T save you money on gas WON'T impress your girlfriend's mother but it WILL go ANYWHERE at about 5 mph WILL save you money up front (it's cheap) WILL look good when dirty This is the coolest vehicle you can obtain for under $5000. Make sure that it's got a manual tranny, 33" tires or larger and a good top. 6-cyl is fast and has a more-reliable transmission but also gulps fuel - but if fuel economy was the point, you'd drive a prius. Get the soundbar, take off the doors and live a little.

234K miles and going strong
By David C. on 04/22/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 92 Wrangler used with 33K miles on it. I've driven it over 200K since and she still purrs like a kitten and looks great after a new paint job a few years back. I'm only a shade tree mechanic with a ratchet set and I find it extremely easy to maintain. The inline 4.0, 6 cylinder engine is the best around. Keep the oil clean and it will take care of you. I just replaced the radiator myself with that same old ratchet set. Biggest and easiest repair I've had to make. I confess she is my second car now but she is also my favorite toy to this day. Plan on keeping her forever and giving it to my 2 year old when he is of age. He's already calling it his Jeep.

car check
By mac on 06/26/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

Fun to ride in and to drive. Can go off road and handles road nicely. Nice getaway car for two people.

Jeep rocks
By scott wilson on 06/18/06 15:37 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought in 98; it has been a solid vehicle. I had 200,000 miles on the original engine.

Surprised at Great Reliability
By Kelly on 04/27/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Jeep because of the look, the fun, the "Jeep thing". We thought we were taking a chance with reliability because it wasn't a Japanese import. We were so wrong! This Jeep has been our favorite vehicle for 14 years. We keep saying we are going to sell it - we have two little kids and you can't fit a wagon or many groceries - it isn't a practical family car. But it's so much fun... and it's certainly the last vestige of coolness we have left. Our Jeep has 115,000 miles on it, and I'm shocked to say it has been one of the most reliable cars we've ever had. We've had American sedans, Japanese sedans, and the Jeep continues to amaze and delight us even now.

Jeeps are dependable
By lil on 12/29/05 22:40 PM (PST)

1992 Jeep Wrangler Islander 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine new and put every mile on it. Over 155,000 now and I like it just as much as I did when I bought it. Only needed one repair. Keep the oil changed and kept it clean. Been an excellent vehicle.

Amazing Summer Vehicle
By Kevin Maude on 08/19/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler as a second summer car and boy did I make a great decision. There is nothing better then taking the top down and riding with the tunes turned up in a Wrangler! And don't forget to give the "Jeep Wave" to fellow Wrangler owners - priceless.

Jeep the wonder Vehicle
By Jeepin dg on 12/17/04 05:17 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I am aJeep fan but this is a vehicle of all trades -- it is not a master of anything on-road but it does it all and it can truely take you anywhere you want to be. For a daily driver I truely recommend it

square headlights bad
By john on 12/03/04 20:40 PM (PST)

1992 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

The YJ (sqare headlight) jeeps are horrible. The new TJs are nice and the old CJs are nicer. I has my 92 YJ for 4 months and sold it because it had no character and i couln't take the sight of all that interior plastic! Now I have a classy 1985 Jeep CJ-7, more work but much more fun- and it has character!